Chapter 1

Hamlet looked over at Horatio, shaking his head slightly. "Not here, not now," he thought, hoping Horatio understood. Horatio nodded slightly. He understood.

They headed back to the castle. Hamlet held Horatio's hand and led him down the hall towards his bedroom. Hamlet opened the door to his bedroom and smirked at Horatio.

Hamlet's Room was very big. It's walls were covered in large tapestries and he had grand bookshelves and statues around his room. Horatio was stunned. He'd never been in the royal prince's room before. But something even prettier caught his eye. Hamlet. His blue eyes looked like they contained the entire beauty of the ocean. His smile was the most beautiful one he had ever seen. Hamlet is love. Hamlet is life.

Hamlet WAS his life. Ever since they were little, he'd always known there was something special between them. Hamlet noticed Horatio staring at him, he smirked in return. Hamlet sat down next to Horatio on the bed, he held Horatio's hand in his. They stared into each other's eyes. They sat there for a while, smiling while in the company of the other.

"Horatio," Hamlet began "you know I have been with Ophelia for a long time, I don't think I can do this."

Horatio's face fell, He looked down, disappointed, "I know, Hamlet. I know we can never be together. Our families would never agree. But please..."

"No," Hamlet said sternly. He then got up and left. Leaving Horatio alone to his thoughts.

Horatio sat back, fully realizing what had just happened. Hamlet, the only person he'd ever loved. Gone. Before Horatio could really let his emotions get to him, Francisco walked in.

"Um...hi Horatio....what are you doing here?" Francisco asked.

"I... um...," Horatio stuttered, holding back tears. Just then, he couldn't hold it any longer, and burst into tears.

"Horatio what's wrong?" Fransisco asked and he put a hand on Horatio's shoulder, making Horatio cringe.

Although Fransisco, wasn't quite sure what was happening, he had a rough idea. Since they were young, he had been able to see that there was something between them, from the way Horatio had always looked at his friend.

"Horatio..." Fransisco began  somewhat nervously, "Does... Does this have something to do with Hamlet, by any chance?"

Horatio looked up at him and let out a sob, "No..." Horatio sniffed, "it doesn't. What are you doing in here anyways? Aren't you supposed to be on guard?"

"Yeah," Fransico said, "I am, but Ophelia requested to see Hamlet so I was sent off to find him."

Horatio sniffed again. "Hey, you sure you're okay?" Fransisco asked once again.

Horatio nodded, he got up to leave but Fransisco grabbed his arm "Are you sure your okay?"

Horatio shook his head. "No..., I guess I'm not ok" he said softly.

"Do you, er, want to talk about it?" asked Fransisco awkwardly.

Horatio nodded, "Well, it was....... Hamlet...... And we......." was all he could get out before he burst into tears once again.

Fransisco patted his back, "we should go find Hamlet" They started walking down the long corridor, looking for the prince.

"No!" exclaimed Horatio suddenly, realizing what they were about to do.

"We can't...... I can't talk to him again.... Not after what he...... What he said" Horatio stammered.

Fransisco looked at Horatio with a concerned  look "If you don't talk to him, you'll never know how he feels"

"But he hates me!" Horatio muttered

"No he doesn't" Said Fransisco as he dragged Horatio down the hall towards the dinning room.

Horatio tore his arm from Fransisco's grasp, "Let me go! You don't know how I feel! It would be torture for me to watch him be ruined because of me! Ophelia is his destiny, and I should just stay away!"

Before Fransisco could reply, a figure dressed in black streaked in front of them and out the doors.

"Was... Could that have been..."Fransisco started.

"Hamlet!" Horatio cried and tore after the figure into the night air.