Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

"Monsieur (sir), you have new documents to fill in, and it needs to be handed in by today." Valerie, my PA explained. "And the owner of judies, wishes to form a partnership." She went on. At this moment, I had a migraine and I had no what so interest to listen to her.

I tunedmy chair around and odiously glared at the woman before me, as she went on, "shut up Valerie." I barked in her face. Most PA's would not stand this behaviour and would run out crying and then quit, but Valerie is another story.

"I am sorry monsieur, I will leave you to yourself?" She suggested.

"Yes, that would be best." I responded, no emotion laced within my voice. She walked out silently her heels clicking against the tiles of my office, the door closed silently behind her and I turned around once again.

Looking from my office, I could see the entire city of Paris. As I continued to admire the city, my office door opened once again, Robert, my friend walk in, with his laptop in his hand.

"Bonjour (good morning)" he said as he walked in, his cold presence followed with him.

"bonjour." I responded. I rang the intercom, summoning Valerie.

"Oui, monsieur?" she asked in a sweet tone.

"Valerie please bring 2 cups of coffee for Mr. Consolas and me." I requested no expression on my face as I spoke to her.

"Of course sir." She said, as she put down the intercom.

"I see, still as cold-hearted as usual." Robert stated.

"Am I the only one?" I questioned looking at him.

"No, I guess not." he concluded. Not soon after our short discussion, Valerie entered carrying two coffees. She place one before Robert and placed one on my desk.

"Thank you Valerie." I showed my gratitude. She eyed me with a smile, then walked out of the office, shutting the door slowly.

"That woman has an eye for you." Robert stated the obvious. I nodded at his statement. I have known Valerie has a liking towards me, I think that is why she continues to work as my PA, but I refuse to acknowledge that.

We sat in silence once again as we drank our coffee. Until Robert decided to speak up.

"So...." He began, I put down my coffee, looking directly at him as he continued, and "I have found someone for you." He began, I began groaning at his proposal. He stopped me. "Just listen to me Dominique, let me tell you about it first." He requested.

I nodded at his request. "Ok, go on." I said to him.

"Well I have found a beautiful young maiden for you. She is beautiful, she is hundred percent wife material, and I am telling you, you would love her," Robert said.