Chapter 5; Part 2

Chapter 5: part 2

I stood in front of my sister’s family house as I waited for Lorain’s husband to open the door. Was it so difficult to open a door? Soon, like 5 minutes later, the door swung open revealing Thomas, my cousin in law, who looked like he was a zombie who ran a marathon in the underworld, while hades was the coach in training.

“nique” he said. nique? Who the hell calls a person nique, it sounds like a truck ran over my name and killed the first few letters. “how’s it going?” well, Thomas is an American man, who came to France with a dream of becoming a singer, meanwhile people go to Los Angeles or Vegas to pursue their dream of becoming singers. I guess what I’m trying to say is, he is a complete airhead. But when it comes to his responsibilities he is serious and well, responsible.

“it’s been a while Thomas, anyway, Loraine said my tux and stuff were here and right now I need a shower.” I hurried out.

“right, you know where the bathroom is, so go take your time.” I nodded making my way inside. I walked up the stairs of the house, to the main bathroom. I shut the door locking it, before stripping my clothing and stepping under the warm water that fell from the faucet. Now how to make carmen cave in? to be honest she is a very sly woman and also challenging. Which utterly pisses me off! But! No worries, I will make sure she realises her stupid mistake of challenging THE Dominique Antrè.

When I was done, I pulled out a new toothbrush, from the cupboard and began brushing my teeth as I wrapped the towel around my waist. I rinsed my mouth looking at myself in the mirror. Well, from now on I’m going to be a married man, and that’s not all, I also get the rest of the company off my grandfather’s hands.

I stepped out of the bathroom to guest room, to see my tux had already been laid out. It was a black tux, with a red tie. I dried my body, as I ran my fingers through my hair. Okay todays the day, there’s  no backing out and there is no way I will back out. I put on the tux and carefully tied the tie around my neck. I gelled my hair backwards and put on my socks and shoes. Then the room echoed with a knock.

“come in.” I said. the door swung open with a giddy looking Thomas. “what is it?” I questioned.

“well I can’t be more than happy to know you’re finally going to get married and start a family soon with your fiancé, it feels too much like a dream.” He said as he looked like he would faint from all the happiness. Well that’s just Thomas. I don’t know what my sister ever saw in him.

“well, is the limo here?” I asked ignoring his statement, as o looked at him to see he was dressed.

“yes, are you prepared.” He asked. I nodded. “well then let’s take a picture.” He smiled giddily once again.

“what is this? Prom?” I asked.

“no, it’s your wedding.” He said stating the obvious.

We walked down the stairs out the house, and stepped into the limo, I wonder how carmen’s doing? Is Loraine giving her a hard time? Why am I worrying? Am I a wussy now? Why am I thinking to myself? Ahh whatever.

We drove for what felt like forever and we finally arrived at the wedding venue. There I saw cousin after cousin entering the hall. From my most hated cousins right to my hated cousins. I got out of the car taking a deep breath and walked in.

“Dominique, mon petit kuze, coma sava (how are you)?” one of my most hated cousins began. Well I don’t want to have any meetings with them.

“I’m fine, well if you don’t mind, I need to go.” I said harshly yet hurriedly. He nodded understandingly, not identifying the hint of harshness in my tone as he smiled. One reason why I hate my cousins. most of them are stupid.