Chapter 7: Basic Training~

A deep blush spread across Kitsune's face as she got further into the book Kakashi had given her called 'Make-out Paradise'. The whole thing was so... raunchy! She shook her head, closing the book and slapping her cheeks a few times to flush the red out of her face.

"Kitsune?" Kiba called, standing outside her door, "mom said I'm taking you with me to training today." Akamaru barked from beside him, "I know, we should just ditch her in town, she'll never find her way back." He whispered, forgetting that Kitsune's ears caught almost everything.

"All right, just let me get dressed," she called, still trying to get her face color under control while Kiba stood outside, turning his back to the door and bending down to pet Akamaru. She searched for the outfit Tsume had gotten her, a long-sleeve white shirt and black shirt, so simple but yet she couldn't get over how awesome it looked together.

"Hurry up!" Kiba called as she started to slip off her current shirt, leaning up against the not fully closed door and falling in the room backwards. "Shit!"

"Ack!" Kitsune picked up the closest thing to her, which happened to be the book that she was just reading, and chucked it at Kiba, hitting his face with a thud, "get out, pervert!" She screeched, putting her arms over her underwear in an attempt to hide them.

"I didn't mean to do that!" Kiba threw the book back at her, jumping up and running back to the doorway, actually shutting the door behind him. She slipped her clothes on quickly, taking long, deep breaths to try to, once again, get the bright red coloring out of her cheeks.

"Ready," she mumbled as she stepped out of the room, smoothing down her clothing. "And by the way, you can try to leave me in the village, but your dog stench would lead me right back here."

"Dog stench?!" Kiba shouted as Kitsune walked down the hallway, laughing at how flustered he got.

-

"This is Hinata," Kiba pointed to the girl on the left, who was holding her fists in front of her face in an attempt to hide. "That's Shino," he pointed to the guy next to her, his sunglasses shining in the light. "And that's Kurenai," he pointed to the woman on the right, her bright red eyes taking in Kitsune's appearance slowly.

"Nice to meet you," Shino and Hinata greeted her, Shino's voice overwhelming Hinata's timid squeak.

"I'm Kitsune," she introduced herself, twitching her tail. "Nice to meet you all!"

"Now that the introductions are done, we can get on with the lesson," Kurenai stepped to the side, pointing at the body of water next to her. "Today, you'll be learning how to control Chakra in your feet," Kurenai explained, pulsing a bluish aura out of her feet. "This will enable to you to walk on water, trees, any rough surface you wouldn't normally be able to stand on," Kitsune watched as the group struggled to get the right amount of chakra in their feet.

"Psh, this is easy, I got it already!" With a cocky smile, Kiba stepped out onto the body of water, slipping right through it the moment he stepped off land.

"K-Kiba," Hinata offered her hand, which was promptly ignored by Kiba, who was now throwing a fit that Kitsune was laughing.

"It's not easy, okay?!" Kiba shouted, shaking himself like a dog. "Why don't you try it and see how many times you fall?" He taunted, Akamaru offering a back-up bark.

"Kiba..." Hinata pulled on Kiba's shirt, pointing over towards the body of water where Shino was standing, hands in his pockets.

"What's next," Shino said, his voice cool but cocky at the same time. What a badass, Kitsune giggled, watching Shino push his sunglasses up the bridge of his nose, sending a shiver down her spine and making her tail fur bristle. It's not him, she reminded herself, it's not Kabuto.

"Oi, Kitsune!" Kiba snapped his fingers in front of her face, jolting her out of her own mind. "Go try it!" He ordered pointing towards the water.

"I don't think I can," Kitsune leaned back, twitching her ears as the sunlight hit them. "I didn't even know what 'chakra' was until today," she added, stifling a laugh as Kiba's jaw dropped.

"Kiba," Kurenai said sternly, pointing towards the water. "Why don't you do your training first?" She half suggested, half ordered, making Kiba's head drop.

"Yes, sensei..." His feet dragged all the way back to the water's edge, Hinata following close behind mumbling to Kiba, who ignored her.

"Chakra involves molding energies from the body's cells and the mind's consciousness and mixing them together. The amount of energy you need will depend on what technique you're using, but we'll start with something simple," she clasped her hands together, forming multiple signs faster than Kitsune could keep up with. "Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

"Woah," Kitsune looked the second Kurenai, and exact clone of the original. "How did you do that?" She put her hands back together, signaling for Kitsune to do the same.

"Tiger," she stuck her pointer fingers up together, folding the remaining fingers against her knuckles. "Boar," her hands tilted downward, the fingers folded halfway and pressed against each other. "Ox," she separated her palms but kept them clasped together, folding her middle and ring finger against her knuckle and leaving her pointer and pinky up. "Dog," her left hand balled into a fist, placing her right hand over top of it. "Now you try."

Kitsune fumbled with the signs, trying to get them done as fast as Kurenai had done them, but making her hands look like they were having a seizure. Sighing, she repeated the steps in her head and followed along with her hands, looking up to Kurenai to make sure she was doing it right.

"Wow," Kurenai observed as Kitsune formed the signs again and again, faster each time. "Now try to use your chakra," Kitsune squeezed her eyes shut, trying to imagine her mind and body molding into one energy force and releasing it.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu," she murmured, opening her eyes to see absolutely nothing standing in front of her.

"... Some people aren't good at chakra control," Kurenai comforted. "That means you're twice as good at something else, though!" Kitsune knew Kurenai was trying to make her feel better, but the embarrassment was still burning red-hot in her cheeks.