Team Crafted

Harvey was woken by someone nudging him somewhat gently. "Hey, Harv, c'mon. Time to get up."
    Harvey groaned. "Do we have to...?"
    "Oh, I dunno, do you have to get home?"
    "Okay, okay, fine, Jesus..." Harvey got up, stretching as he looked around. Everything had been packed aside from himself, and the fire put out. The only thing abnormal was that Husky was nowhere to be seen. "Hey, where's...?"
    "We came up with a plan last night." Deadlox said. "We're splitting up. He's going one way, you're staying with me. He has a longer way to go, so he left early."
    He started walking out of the clearing as they continued talking. "Where are we going?" Asked Harvey, keeping in pace beside him.
    "We're getting reinforcements."
    "Reinforcements? Why?"
    "To see if they have any ideas of getting you home, because frankly, Husky and I have no clue."
    "Well... Who are we getting then?"
    "...See, me and Husky used to be part of a team. We worked together, going around, protecting towns from monster attacks. It was great... We were a great team, we all got along so well. We saved so many people. But then Seto, your counterpart in this world, died, or at least we think he did. We were completely torn apart, mentally and physically. We were distraught, and we fell apart. Husky and I were the only ones who kept doing what we always did. Our team-"
    "Team Crafted."
    Deadlox looked at Harvey in surprise. The Earthling was looking down. "...Yeah... How did you...?"
    "There was a Team Crafted in my world... Look, it's a long story."
    Deadlox stared at him fixedly, before he slowly nodded. "I understand." He said. "So you know all the team members, don't you?" Harvey nodded in answer. "Well, Husky is getting Bajan, Jerome, and Sundee. You and I are getting True and Sky."
    Harvey groaned, covering his eyes with one hand. "Does it have to be Team Crafted? Isn't there anyone else who can help?"
    Deadlox shook his head. "We wouldn't do this if we didn't have to, trust me."
    Harvey just sighed as the two started walking up an included patch of ground. "So we're meeting back up with Husky, right?"
    "Yeah, we're meeting at the fortress."
    "Fortress? What is that, like, Sky Army Base?"
    Ty snorted. "Don't know what world you're from, but we don't have a Sky Army here. All we have is the fortress. And well... Yeah. That's where we stayed when we were a team. Hopefully it's still there..."
    Harvey looked confused, but before he could ask anything, they reached the top of the hill they were climbing. He look ahead and stopped walking. Stretched in front of them was a forest of tall for trees, some covered isn't snow. He could see over the top of them, the sun just rising red over the green trees. A shallow stream went down the hill from its hot spring origin, leading down into the forest.
    Deadlox smiled a little. "As long as we keep walking along that stream, we'll get to True by nightfall."
    Harvey took in a slow, deep breath. "I hate hiking."
    Deadlox snorted. "Well you better get used to it buddy." He patted his shoulder before he started walking down the hill beside the stream. "For the next few days, that's all we'll be doing."
    Harvey groaned, shifting the bag he had been given at the last town they visited as he followed suit.
    The two walked on for hours. Harvey very quickly noticed how cold it was in the forest filled with snow, and that he only had his hoodie to keep him warm. Deadlox seemed just fine how he was; it probably had to do with the biology of a Minecraftian as opposed to the biology of an Earth human. Harvey could remember innumerable times when he would be playing Minecraft and would go into the spruce forest and into the freezing water and his avatar would show not a single symptom of even feeling cold; maybe Minecraftians didn't get cold, but Harvey could easily tell that humans definitely did.
    Deadlox didn't seem to notice his shivering as he walked a few feet ahead. He seemed intent on studying the map in his hands, although he was always able to turn out of the way of a tree before he could run into it. Obviously, he had spent a lot of time in this forest. He seemed to know his way around it pretty well.

"So, where are we headed?" Deadlox asked.
    "I told you, we're going after Zexy."
    "No, I mean, where is he? Where are we following him to?"
    "Oh, there's a spruce forest I got a tip that he went towards." Seto said. "So that's where we're going."
    "Oh..." The two were quiet for several minutes as they walked on through the woods. Deadlox had wondered several times since they set. That morning if this were a good idea; he wondered if he should just go home. But then he would be reminded that his home wasn't his home anymore. He had nowhere to go but onwards, and right now, his guide was this bounty hunter magician who had almost killed him because of his haircut.
    He sighed, and looked at Seto again, opening his mouth.
    "About three hours."
    Deadlox blinked. "...Huh?"
    "You were going to ask when we would get to the forest. The answer is in about three hours."
    "Um... Thanks, but... I wasn't actually going to ask that."
    Seto cursed. "I hate when I try to look cool and just look stupid." He made Deadlox snort with laughter, and looked at him. "So what were you really gonna ask."
    "Well, see... I just wanted to know why you're a bounty hunter. Have you ever thought about being something different? Something bigger?"
    Seto grew quiet. He didn't answer for several seconds and Deadlox wondered if he had accidentally struck a chord before the magician finally answered. "Yeah, honestly, I have. That's why I took this job. Once I get the money I need, I'm starting a new life." He looked at Deadlox. "What about you? What are you planning on doing with your life?"
    Deadlox smiled a little. "I wanna learn to fight!"
    Seto snorted. "Well, I wish you luck with that."