|| 7 ||

Adriana for the first time in a long time, was on her porch. Sitting on the black sofa her mother had put there before she started drinking. She was wrapped around in a brown blanket and watched the cars drive by their house. The clock was 2:05 AM and she was to afraid to write nor call to Damien. What if he hated her, what if he was annoyed at her ending the call with no explanation at all, again. 

But to her surprise, her phone who was laying on the table in front of her started ringing. When she saw the caller ID, she smiled and answered. 

'' Hey.. '' She murmured and felt her heartbeat fast. 

'' Hey, I was worried that you had fallen asleep. '' Damien chuckled. 

'' No, I just um- I didn't call because I thought you were mad at me for yesterday. '' 

Damien chuckled, '' I'd never be mad at you, Adriana. '' 

Adriana felt a lump form in her throat when she heard that and sobbed softly. 

'' What's wrong? '' Damien asked, hoping she wouldn't end the call. 

'' Damien, I'm like really fucked up okay. '' Adriana started, '' I live in a household were I'm constantly fearing for my life. '' She sobbed. 

Damien frowned, '' Who's hurting you? '' 

'' My dad. '' She whispered. 

She had never told anyone about her father's abusive ways. She felt weight being lifted of her shoulders when the words left her tongue. 

'' Adriana, you have to leave. '' Damien ran a hand through his hair. 

Adriana shook her head, like he could see her, '' No. I have to wait until I'm eighteen. '' 

'' Why? '' Damien asked, utterly confused at why she risked her life instead of leaving immediately. 

'' I won't get my inherit until I'm eighteen. If I leave now, I'll never get it. '' Adriana inhaled sharply, '' If I don't get the money, I can't support him. '' 

'' Support who? '' 

'' My brother Is at my grandma's house, living with her because she Is a bitch and doesn't want her wonderful grandson to live in an abusive home. But she doesn't give a fuck about her granddaughter living in an abusive home because I'm a fucking girl. And the only way  for me to get him to my custody Is to buy an apartment , get a job and be able to support him. Then and only then will she give him to me. I have to get my baby brother back. Even if it may cost my life, I have to try. '' 

Adriana cried as she thought about her three year old brother, crying as her grandma took him away from them. It had gone three years since she last saw him. 

'' Adriana- '' Damien was cut off. 

'' Damien, don't pity me- please. '' She whispered. 

'' I won't. Adriana, promise me one thing. '' 

'' Yes? '' 

'' Call me after every time he hurts you. I want to be able to be there for you. '' Damien whispered. 

'' Thank you. '' 

'' No thank you. '' Damien smiled. 

'' For what? '' 

'' For not making me give up, after every class I have, I can't wait til I go back to my dorm and can have a talk with you. '' Damien confessed. 

'' Damien. '' She breathed.

'' Yes? '' 

'' I feel the same. '' She laughed. 

'' I have to go. '' Damien said, '' I have morning classes tomorrow. '' 

'' Okay bye. '' 

'' Bye. ''