What The Hell Did I Just Agree To?

"Who was that?" Kyle asks after I buckle my seatbelt.

"Nobody, just drive." I say.

Kyle locks gazes with me for a while but doesn't argue and reverses out of the driveway. As we head down the street I look back to see Christian still looking at the car and my lips quirk up a bit.

"Doesn't look like a nobody." Kyle glanced at me and my lips immediately dropped.

"Well he is so please just drop it. And I'm sure that you have plenty of friends that are the opposite sex and you're just friends."

I wanted to take my words back immediately after I said them. They didn't seem too rude but replaying how I said it seemed harsh. Kyle once again didn't say anything though and just continued to drive. In the few moments I've spent with Kyle I realized that he has a knack for making me feel like an insecure little girl. It reminded me of just how much older than me Kyle can really be. Not just age wise, but mentally as well. These thoughts only made me feel worse, I was only being so defensive because explaining what Christian really meant to me would involve telling what happened all those years ago, and I didn't want to.

I didn't want to be spoiled goods in his eyes like I was in my own.

___________________________

"We're here."

I stretched from my slumped position to see that we were back at the cafe.

"Why this place?" I asked, genuinely curious about why we and apparently everyone else has decided to frequent this place more often.

Kyle simply shrugged and held the door open for me.

Once inside the place that was beginning to feel more like a second home rather than a cafe, I chose a small loveseat by the fire and relaxed.

"Do you want anything?" Kyle's tall figure loomed over my body.

"No thanks."

If I wasn't so nervous I probably would've got something but my stomach was in knots. I could tell that Kyle was stalling although I didn't know why.

About five minutes later Kyle came back with a tray in his hands.

"Pig." I joked and poked his stomach.

I definitely think it's safe to say that Kyle is far from being a pig. That one poke nearly broke my finger with how hard his abs are.

"Actually this is for you and me," Kyle set the tray down on the coffee table in front of us. "I know you said you didn't want anything but you could change your mind."

I nearly swooned at the charming smile he threw at me.

"T-thanks," I stuttered like a dunce and picked up the delicious hot chocolate that I realized I actually wanted really badly. "What did you want to talk about?"

"You saw yesterday's match, right?"

"Yeah..." I replied noticing how he dodged my question.

"You watched it all the way through?"

I nodded in response.

"Okay so about what I said to the reporter-" Call it a woman's intuition but I could tell where this train wreck was going.

"It's totally okay Kyle," I quickly I interrupted him to save myself death by embarrassment. "I would've said the same thing because we really aren't a couple, or friends for that matter."

He looked like he wanted to interject but I began to pick up my purse and head for the door.

"Plus you're super famous and have a reputation to uphold so I will leave your life quickly and quietly," I got up to head out the door. "Just forget we ever met okay?"

Before I could make it one step a hand clasped around my own and pulled me back into my seat. I couldn't shake the faint but extremely noticeable tingles where his hand met mine and our knees just barely brushed against each other.

"Actually I was going to say that I do like you, but we really aren't dating so I told the truth." That charming smile was back full force now and I felt like a complete idiot.

"Come again?" I asked with my mouth agape.

"I said that I like you," Kyle chuckled before continuing. "But I don't want to rush into anything so before I ask you to be my girlfriend, I want to know if you'll be my friend."

"L-ike me? Friend girl?"

"Yes." Kyle laughed and flicked my forehead.

That flick may have seemed like a love tap to him but it hurt like a bitch in my zoned out state.

"Ouch! I don't think that I can be friends with someone who's able to destroy me with one flick." I finally snorted a coherent sentence while rubbing the sore spot on my forehead.

"I can destroy you in other ways too," Kyle winked at his cheesy line but I'm 99% sure the room started spinning after that.

"Why do you want to be my friend anyway?" I ignored his last statement and hoped my face wasn't too flushed.

"Well like I said before, I like you. And after you told me that you go to school with Lacey it gave me that push to go ahead and tell you."

"I didn't tell you I-" I paused and remembered that I had indirectly told him that yesterday so I asked him a question instead. "Why did that make you want to tell me?"

"Because I don't date kids." He explained and I winced at his slightly harsh tone. That made me wonder if thete was a reason he didn't date people my age but I let it go. I didn't know how to ask him that question anyway so I tried to lighten up the mood instead.

"Well then it's a good thing you met me," I stuck out my hand and smiled hoping he wouldn't see my lie under this newfound fake identity.

Apparently he didn't because after eyeing me for a minute he smirked and went in for a hug, disregarding my outstretched hand.

As Kyle hugged me I noticed how right it felt but suddenly backtracked to how wrong it was to lie to his face.

Ugh, what the hell did I just get myself into?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm thinking about doing a chapter or two in someone else's P.O.V. but I'm not sure. What do you guys think; yes, no, maybe so?

And if yes or maybe so, whose P.O.V. should it be?

(p.s. the most requested p.o.v. will be the one I write so COMMENT WHICH CHARACTER YOU WANT IT TO BE!)