Prologue

Delicate hands caressed closed eyes, parted lips and cold skin. Slender fingers brushed through soft locks of ebony hair.

There were only two people in the dark room - while one appeared serene, the other was only pained, a distant look in her eyes as many memories rushed through her whilst looking down on the man who was in eternal sleep. The anguish in her eyes was reflected in the candle light that was the only source of light in the room. Her heart was screaming in desperation to see those lids open to reveal the dark eyes that had always looked at her with such adoration, to see those lips curl up into a warm smile. Her small hand held his, fingers entwined as she yearned for them to return the loving gesture, for his strong arms to wrap themselves around her frame in a loving embrace, making her feel protected from the endless darkness that lurked around her.

But truth and reality were cruel, her silent prayers and wishes unheard and unseen in the endless darkness. All that was left was heartache and brokenness. Her skin was sickly pale, her eyes dull and empty, her heart nothing more than shattered pieces that could not be put back together. Tears fell from her eyes as she held her beloved's hand in hers.

"Emiko," came an icy voice. The young woman's body tensed a moment before she turned her head without letting go of her beloved's hand. Soft chocolate brown eyes met sinister red orbs that narrowed at her quivering form. "Sasuke needs to be healed. And it is time you moved on. I cannot let you linger by his side for longer, for there are more important things to take care of now."

She looked back at her husband and gave his hand a gentle squeeze. With a deep inhale, she placed her lips on his forehead, giving him one last kiss before she parted from him forever.

"I love you, Itachi, forever," she whispered to him.

Then standing, she followed the man with the sinister red eyes out of the room, closing the door behind her. It was time to move on, as the man had said, but she would not forget the past for even a moment. They were precious memories and her reason for being here now, and her reason for having the chance to take care of the young boy who had only her left as family.

 They were precious memories and her reason for being here now, and her reason for having the chance to take care of the young boy who had only her left as family

~~~~~~~~~~

TwT

Vote!

COMMENT!

:D