Chapter 18 - The War Continues

Emiko pov:

"Emiko san," spoke the man in front of me, surprised by the sharp gaze I had while I looked at him. He glanced at Itachi a moment, uneasiness swirling in his eyes.

"Connect me to Shukaku san. I have something important to speak about with him and the rest of the shinobi," I insisted.

It was a moment before he complied and connected to the communication headquarters. He placed a hand on my head so I could speak with Shukaku san. It was soon that I heard his voice asking, "Emiko san, what news do you have?"

"Shukaku san, Uchiha Itachi has been revived - not as an Edo Tensei reanimation but as a living human," I said.

There was a gasp followed by an exclamation in sheer surprise, "Uchiha Itachi is alive? How?"

"We're not entirely sure about how it happened but we connected it to the released of my stored chakra moments before rhe Edo Tensei jutsu was released," I answered. "That aside, I wish to send across a message to everyone on the battlefield. There is some truth that needs to be known for this battle and for Itachi to continue living as a proud Konoha shinobi."

"Proud Konoha shinobi? Emiko san, he is a traitor-"

"He is not a traitor!" I snapped sharply, narrowing my eye in anger. "It is time the truth is told to everyone to make their resolve stronger as to why they have to win this war against Uchiha Madara."

It was a few moments before Shukaku san responded. "Very well, you can relay the message Emiko san. Inoichi san is ready to spread the word to all the other shinobi."

With a deep breath, determination pulsing through me strongly, I spoke, "Everyone, this is Uchiha Emiko from the tracking unit. I have an important announcement to make. The Edo Tensei has been released and, while all that had been revived by it jave now disappeared, Uchiha Itachi is alive now. By some stroke of luck, he has been brought back to life and will now fight in the war with us as our ally."

Surely many would have been shocked by the unexpected development and would have more negative feelings than positive about this. However, their mind would change soon.

"There is an important truth that needs to be relieved to the wrold now, for everyone's sake including Itachi's. The Uchiha massacre was a mission given to Itachi by none other than Himura Danzo of Konoha, under the manipulation of Uchiha Madara. While the Uchih Clan was in the wrong because they palnned a coup in their abger of being isolated by the rest of the village, they were not given a chance to voice out their anger and get a solution for it. Instead, Danzo put the burden on Itachi's shoulders, even insisting the Sandaime to agree to it despite its brutality. Itachi was merely a puppet who sacrificed himself just to keep Konoha safe. He killed his own family for the sake of keeping Konoha safe. I am aware that what I am saying now must be hard for most to believe, but it is the truth, and all of my memories are proof of it. Several of the higher ups in Konoha have seen my memories and know the truth trutj, and that is the only reason why Sasuke and I were wholeheartedly accepted when we returned and included to fight in this war "

"Is that really true?" someone from the group standing around us questioned. All had broke into whispered, clearly shocked by what they had just heard.

"Then Danzo sama wasn't as good as we thought he was?"

"How could something like this have been kept a secret all this time?"

"Then, Uchiha Itachi is not bad?"

"He isn't a rogue now then."

"Everyone trusted me and gave me a chance. You welcomed me and Sasuke as Konoha shinobi again and I wish the same for Itachi. I know that you have only heard bad things about him but he is the most kindhearted man i have ever known. He's so gentle and affectionate and has been one to love peace, and it was for these reasons alone that he took on auch a painful burden. So, the rest of thr world could be happy at his exoense," I continued, feeling a sharp prickle in my eyes, enough for a few tears to fall from them. My fists were tightly clenched but I relaxed when I felt Itachi's gentle touch on my knuckles.i released NY fists and entwined my fingers eith his, feeling warmed to have him by my side. "Naruto believes in Itachi. He knows the truth and now all of you do, too. I wish i could show you proof right now but we don't have time for that. That's why I plead all of you to trust in me and trust in Itachi just as Naruto does, and I ask you to accept him as a comrade and a shinobi of Konoha once again. We are proud Konoha shinobi willing to die for the sake of the people we love. Itachi did it once and Sasuke, Itachi and I are ready to do it again."