Chapter 3

I followed Owen down the correct set of stairs and out of the high security gates of the paddock. I remembered the ten minute drive Claire and I had to the paddock and wondered if we were going to walk back, but Owen walked over to a motorbike, parked just outside.

"Get on the back, it won't take us long." Owen said. Reluctantly I climbed on, and so did Owen and I tentatively wrapped my arms around his waist. His muscles were toned under his shirt and with each movement as he turned on the bike they seemed to tense and my hands felt like they were burning.

"If you'd like to ironically die in Jurassic World from falling off of a motorbike, not by getting eaten by a T-Rex, then I'd suggest you hold on tighter than that." Owen laughed as if it was the funniest joke in the world, and I found myself rolling my eyes at him exasperatedly. We sped off back the way I had come a short while before, and I was surprised I wasn't killed at the pace he was driving.

"Do you have a death wish?! I've been here like three hours!" I screamed as we zoomed around a corner and were literally horizontal.

"I did say to hold on tight!" he shouted back, laughing slightly.

Soon enough we arrived back to the small stretch of beach, and I could see my new home at last.

Owen pulled up in front of his own bungalow and let me get off, and when I did I smacked him right in the back.

"You freaking idiot! We could have died!" I shouted at him. Owen rubbed his arm slightly and just laughed at my reaction.

"What's so funny?" I growled, but he didn't answer me, he just carried on laughing, clutching his stomach dramatically. I sighed before walking over to my bungalow which was unfortunately next to his. I just wanted to relax, it had been such a long day.

Later on, I was watching TV before bed, eating some of the complimentary snacks that had been left for me when Claire called.

"Hello?" I sighed.

"Rosie... what's wrong?" she asked, but her voice wavered slightly as if she already knew.

"I don't know if I can do this Claire. He's just so... difficult." I could think of so many other words to describe him.

"No, no, no! Please Rosie, you can, honestly you can. I'm sorry for not warning you earlier, it's just me and Mr Masrani didn't want to compromise you accepting our offer and-"

"I know Claire, I know, you need me I get it." I sighed.

"We do Rosie, without you, we don't know if what Mr Grady and Mr Hoskins are trying to do is helpful or not, and it could compromise the raptor attraction." there was a brief silence as I wasn't too sure what to say, "hey, remember what you said to me in the car, you can handle Owen Grady."

"True." I said, biting my nails, "I'm just going to try keep out of his way. Apart from every single day where I have to work with him."

"You can do this, and Rosie, honestly, Owen is more than likely into you, he's just trying to act the big man."

"Oh stop, he doesn't even know me. I'm going to sleep now." I said with a laugh before we said our goodbyes. But as I lay in bed, I wondered whether Claire's words were actually true.

My alarm went off at 6am, and I set it that early to go for a quick run to clear my head before my first day. I couldn't wait to do it around the scenery of the beautiful Isla Nublar. I tied my hair into a bun before slipping on some running leggings and just a plain sports bra and my trainers before making my way out into the morning heat. The sun had only just risen yet it had already managed to bake the whole island.

I ran around the Eastern outskirts of the park where our bungalows were located, and I figured out the quickest route for me to walk to the raptor paddock. I arrived back to the beach and walked slowly through the cut grass, sipping from a water bottle. I walked a little faster as I got near to Owen's bungalow, but I was surprised to hear clanking and cursing at this early hour. As I got closer, I saw Owen crouched down next to his motorbike, tools scattered all around him. He was wearing a tight t-shirt covered in oil stains and I was going to walk past unnoticed, however I was caught out just as I walked by him.

"Wow, I could get used to having you around sweaty every morning." he said with a smirk, his eyes resting on my chest.

"Urgh gross." I said and turned on my heel and began walking away. He wolf whistled and began chuckling to himself.

I got into my bungalow and groaned before jumping in the shower and getting dressed in my Jurassic World t-shirt and denim shorts to go and get breakfast.

At the employee food hall, I luckily didn't see Owen and I saw two people in the corner of the room that I recognised from the control room with Claire yesterday.

"Hey! Rosie, over here!" the man called, and I remember his name as being Lowery, and the girl as being Vivian. I made my way over to them with my cereal and they began talking to me as if I was their friend, making us feel welcome.

"Did you see Alice from marketing last night?" Vivian scoffed as she tucked into some pancakes.

"I know! She needs to get some self respect and dignity, let alone standards." Lowery replied.

"Who are you guys talking about?" I asked casually.

"You see that girl over there?" Vivian pointed to a pretty brunette wearing smart-casual attire and eating a fruit salad. I nodded.

"She's Alice and she works in marketing. She is also Owen Grady's fuck toy." Lowery explained bluntly.

"Everyone knows that he is the notorious womanizer of Jurassic World. I assume you met him with Claire yesterday?" Vivian asked me, rolling her eyes.

"I've had the immense pleasure." I agreed with sarcasm, leaving out the part about how my body seemed to be insanely attracted to him.

"Well anyway, when we left the control room last night, she was standing outside waiting, obviously he stood her up." Lowery laughed and the conversation changed, Vivian and Lowery offering to take me to the raptor paddock. I agreed vaguely, but couldn't stop the thumping of my heart once I realised that Owen might be interested in someone.