Chapter 17

It finally happened.

Claire and Barry were officially an item. Owen and I strolled into the canteen the next morning and they were sitting at a 4 table, 2 seats opposite them, obviously for me and Owen when we arrived. Barry had his arm lazily over the back of Claire's seat and she had such a happy grin on her face, it was hard not to reciprocate.

She made the eyes at me when I sat down, as if to say she had so much to tell, so we quickly ate and excused ourselves, Owen looking at me with a puzzled look on his face. Claire was just standing up to go when Barry pulled on her arm and brought her back down and grabbed her face and kissed her. I smirked at Owen as he raised his eyebrows at them as they made out in front of us.

"Okay, some people are still eating, let's go." I rolled my eyes playfully as I separated the pair of them.

Long story short, Barry talked over his commitment issues with Claire due to a cheating ex and they eventually got over their differences and got together.

"Everything feels so perfect." she sighed.

"That's because, I guess it is." I shrugged before hugging her.

"Thank you Rosie, for everything. And make sure you thank Owen too, I could not have done this without you guys." she smiled.

"Don't mention it." I said, squeezing her arm.

"Echo! To the side!" I could faintly hear Owen calling to the raptors outside as I furiously typed away at the first part of the report I was set to do by Masrani.
It went quiet outside and I knew that Owen was probably going for a short break to not drain the attention span of the girls. He came into the room and kissed my cheek.

"Hey, how's it going?" he asked, squinting at the screen.

"Tiring." I sighed, pushing back from the desk on my spinning chair a little. Owen was still staring at the screen confusedly and I realised that he was trying to read what it said.

"I can't make head nor tail of that." he said and I giggled.

"It's so hard to write it when I'm so hot and sweaty." I groaned, luckily I had decided to put my hair in a bun off of my face today.

"Hey, don't move, I'll be right back okay?" Owen suddenly said, taking off.

"Don't worry I'm not going anywhere." I grumbled to myself as he had already left, probably knowing I wasn't in any state to leave.

I carried on writing for a good ten minutes and I began to wonder where Owen had gone as I knew he had to start back again, and he had left the door open so I couldn't see him out on the catwalk.

"I'm back!" he called, making me snap my head to the side. I bit my lip and grinned as I saw him carrying a large multi-coloured slush that he knows I love.

"Oh Owen!" I cried, jumping up and taking it from his hands and taking a large drink, "thankyou so much!" I gasped.

"My pleasure beautiful." he replied, making me giggle at the nickname.

"You're my hero." I teased him and he started blushing.

"Hey, your lips round that straw are giving me flashbacks from last night." he said with a smirk, his bashful expression not lasting for long.

"Well maybe tonight I'll be able to finish the whole thing." I teased him. Owen bit his lip and grabbed my hips. I placed my drink down and kissed his lips, biting down on his bottom lip like he was doing before pulling away.

"Get back to work Mr Grady." I smirked, and he reluctantly turned to the door, readjusting his trousers.

I sighed and took my drink back, sipping it and attempting to find the motivation to finish the report.