Chapter 5

Kira, Bella and they Cullen's all stood in the living room discussing on the scent in Bella's house

       "Someone's orchestrating this." Carlisle said with his arms crossed over  his chest "Victoria?" Bella questioned "I would have seen her decide." Alice said looking at all of them "It has to be the Volturi." Edward said standing next to Bella.

        "I don't think it's the Volturi either." Alice said looking at him "So we keep looking?" Emmett said sitting on the couch "We'll also take shifts guarding Bella at her house." Carlisle said with a thinking face.

       "Another protection detail?" Rosalie said with annoyance "Rosie!" Kira said with a stern look "No, she's right. I mean you can't protect me, watch my dad and search for the intruder." Bella said with guilty look "And for Victoria." Rosalie said "And keep yourselves fed." Bella said looking more guiltier.

       " I'm not leaving you here defenseless." Edward said getting angry  "Well, I'm not gonna let you starve, and I wouldn't be unprotected. I...I have..." Bella said trailing off "What?" Edward question with confusion but Kira knew what she was thinking.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

      Kira, Bella and Edward waited outside as Jacob and Paul were inside sniffing the scent in Bella's room, Kira leaned against Edwards car, looking at her nail polish fingers when both shape shifters came outside.

       "Whoever it was, he left a stink behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here." Jacob said towards them as Paul stood next to him "We don't need you to handle anything or anyone" Edward said grabbing both Bella and Kira and pushing them behind him.

       Paul growled at him taking a step forward but Jacob grabbed him "I couldn't careless what you need." Jacob said getting in his face "All right, we're done here." Edward said grabbing Bella's and Kira's hand trying to walk away "No, you're done here." Paul said grabbing his shoulder but Edward pulled it out of his grasp turning around.

       Bella stood between Jacob and Edward as Kira grabbed Paul away from them "Hey, calm down." She said cupping his face as his shaking stopped, he grabbed her hand kissing them "I love you." He said smiling at her "I love you too." She said biting her lip.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

        Edward hated the idea, but it wasn't about rivalry anymore. It was about Bella's and Charlie's safety.In the days that followed Bella got them to at least try to work together. The wolves took over so the Cullen's could hunt, sometimes Kira would stay with them and other times she would go with Cullen's because they got overprotective of her when she was near them. It wasn't exactly an easy alliance.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

       Edward drive toward where Jacob and Paul stood and stopped driving the car, Bella and Kira got off with him as he see's both wolves without a shirt.