o n e

Kaylie rested her head on the back of Scotts neck, and sighed, placing her hands on her ankles, which were crossed in front of her.

"Alright, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the mission district. But, they're pretty expensive."

"A couple in Haight and Ashbury. Also expensive." Kaylie opened her eyes to look at the brown haired boy.

"What about Berkeley?" Scott questioned, turning his neck also. "Don't a lot of students live around there?"

Stiles licked his lips, nodding. "Yeah, yeah, we could try Nob Hill. But, the Jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches."

"Your bringing the Jeep?" Scott raised an eyebrow at the boy.

"You know the plan, okay. No one gets left behind. That's the plan." Stiles made a couple hand movements.
"Lydia and Kaylie aren't gonna have a problem getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF. Malia's, uh, gonna, you know, she'll figure something out, okay. The plan's perfect." Stiles nodded, pointing the red pen at Kaylie.

"Or we could also wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live." It was the first time Kaylie had spoken since they had gotten to the lookout.

"I have a vision, Lee. Okay? And it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision." Stiles pointed the pen at her again, and she raised her hands a little in surrender. "Okay. I won't" She nodded, placing her head back on Scotts back and closing her eyes.

"Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know." Stiles looked up at Scott for an opinion, and sighed when he found Scott staring at the full moon. "You're all right? You're starting to feel it?" Kaylie opened her eyes to look at her friend.
"No, just thinking." "About what?" Stiles set the pen down on the map.

"Senior year." Scott looked down at Stiles. "Senior Year? Come on that's, that's. That's nothing. That's going to be easy." Stiles mad more hand movements, making Kaylie smile.

"It's more like something Deaton told me once. You ever hear of regression to the mean?" Stiles shook his and Kaylie hummed, shaking her head too.
"No. I don't think so."

"It was his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good. You know, eventually things have to come back to the middle. So, think about the last few months. Things have been good, right? But not amazing."

"Yeah, but no one's tried to kill us in six months either." Kaylie smiled at Stiles, letting a small laugh escape her lips.

"Right. We've been pretty much in the middle for a while. Which means, at some point, the scale has to tip one way or the other. Things are gonna get really good again..." Scott stopped, waiting for Stiles to continue. "Or really bad." Stiles clapped his hands together, just as thunder rumbled through the air, causing Kaylie to jump, her eyes shooting open and her senses awake.

Lighting pierced through the sky, and Stiles licked his lips, nodding his head. "Think its been long enough?" Before anyone could answer, a distant voice called from behind Stiles.

"Yes."

Kaylie turned her head, looking at the young dirty blonde, who was chained to a tree.

Stiles whipped his head head back towards the boy, and raised an eyebrow.
"Hey. Trying to have an adult conversation over here." Stiles said, placing his own down.

"All right, you're two years older than me. And I'm fine. Just let me go." Liam's face softened when Kaylie had hopped off of Stiles' Jeep and began her walk over to him, Scott and Stiles trailing behind her.

"It's not that we don't trust you." Scot said, grabbing the key to that lock that Kaylie had pulled out of her pocket.

"It's that I don't trust you." Stiles said, and Kaylie sent him a glare, making him smile.

"But after that last full moon.." Scott trailed off, beginning to unlock the large lock.

"It was one slip up." Liam let his head fall to the side, and Kaylie lifted an eyebrow.

"Slip up? A dozen calls to the Sheriff's Department about a 'monstrous dog-boy" running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked.' That's a slip up?" Stiles' voice leaked with sarcasm as he looked at the younger boy.

"Why were you naked?" Kaylie questioned, crossing her arms over her chest.

"It was really hot out that night, okay. Let me go." Liam pleaded.

"You sure you're okay?"
"It won't happen again." Liam said, nodding his head.

"You're in complete and total control?" Scott questioned, and Kaylie looked at the woods surrounding them.

"Yeah. Complete and total." Liam looked his alpha in the eyes, and nodded.

🐾

"Is it a party?" Liam leaned forward, placing his head between the front two seats of the Jeep.

"It is not a party." Stiles said, focusing his attention on the road.

"Then what's at midnight?" Liam looked back at Kaylie, to make sure his butt wasn't in her face.

"Your bedtime." Stiles retaliated, looking at him through the rear view mirror.

"Why aren't the other girls going?" Liam looked between Scott and Stiles.

"They're meeting us there, okay? And just, stop asking questions, all right? It's a senior thing. You'll know when you're a senior." Stiles talked to him through the mirror and furrowed his eyebrows then looking back at him.

"Hey, you guys having trouble with your phones" Scott asked, looking at his phone.

Pulling out her phone, Kaylie went into Malia's contact.

Before she could hit call, the Jeep started to splutter, making Kaylie groan.

"Oh, what the hell." Stiles looked at the gas tank.

"You out if gas?" Liam questioned, glancing at Kaylie.

"No it's electrical. Probably the alternator again." Stiles placed the car in park, and turned the car off.

The two boys got out of the car, leaving Liam and Kaylie alone.

Sighing, Liam placed an earpiece in his ear, turning on his music.

"Hey, what are you listening to?" Kaylie looked at Liam, and he smiled, picking up the other one and handing it to the brown haired girl.

Taking it from his hands, she placed it to her ear, and she immediately recognized the song.

"Breaking my back just to know your name.
Seventeen tracks and I've had it with this game..."

"You like The Killers?" Kaylie asked, but before he could answer a loud snap behind the car pulled them from their conversation, making the two turn their head to look out the back window.

Furrowing her eyebrows, Liam called out.
"Guys?"
Another snap sounded and lighting hit the ground like a whip.

Kaylie's eyes widened and and they both called out again.

"Guys!" They shouted.

"Yeah, give us a second, please." Stiles said, and Scott's voice followed after.
"Yeah, guys, stay in the car, okay."

Leaning forward, Liam reached for the keys.

Another loud snap sounded through the air and Kaylie could vaguely see Stiles jump and turn around.

All of a sudden, the car started, and Liam stuck his head out the window to look at the two senior boys.

"Can we go now?"

Scott and Stiles nodded, and shut the hood of the car, running to the sides and getting in.

Kaylie smiled at her twin brothers shocked face and smiled, glancing out the window.

She's gonna be a senior tomorrow.