Chapter 5

Regina's POV

We quickly rushed back to my car which was a 2015 Toyota Camry. I got it for my 15th birthday as a gift from my parents. It was nice and elegant it was a nice size and it fit my personality well.

We arrived at Sarah's house like at 5:20 the mall was just a quick 10 minutes away. I didnt want to go to my house cause Sarah would have to see my parents argue, which they do very often . Soon I heard my phone !bing! which I knew it was notifying me that I had a message.

From Bryan:
Sorry , I cant pick you up at 6. Practice is going to run late Im going to be out till 7 if thats okay 😁.

When did I give Bryan my phone number? Oh right i probably forgot since i just stood there basically drolling over him earlier at school when he was talking to me.

I quickly tried to think of something to type back to him.. I didnt have anything in my mind But I knew a certain someone who could help me, so i handed my phone to Sarah. We were still in the car so i just handed it over to her.

"Hmm I see what we have here" she said as she quickly started typing away at the screen. She handed me back my phone and I soon read the message.

Regina : Oh no thats totally okay ill just have more time to get ready . Cant wait to see you tonight.

" Sarah! Why did you do that you just made me sound so desperate."

" Oh relax Regina it'll be okay" she answerd. Which only made me worry more.

What was he going to think of me.. I didnt want him to see me as a person who just throws herself at anyone. All these thoughts came to my head which only made my get more nervous for tonight.

I turned of my car and grabbed my bag which had the dress and pair of wedges thatI was going to wear tonight. Sarah and I both headed to her front door. Her parents were sitting in the living room watching television when we entered. I gretted Mr and Mrs. Colemen ( Sarah's parents) and then followed Sarah up to her room.

It was barely 5:25 and my date was till 7 so i thought I had more than enough time to get ready. So then I sat at Sarah's bed with her and I just scrolled through my instagram feed for a while till it was 5:45.

I decide that I was going to take a shower since I was probably going to arrive home late at night. I took more than my usual time since I had to shave my legs. I know that sounds gross, but its just a part of growing up. I was out the shower at 6.

I grabbed a towel and wrapped myself around it and headed to Sarah's room which was just across from the bathroom. Her parents had left to the grocery store and I felt comfortable around Sarah so I didnt see the problem. No one else was home at least thats what I thought.

As I headed out the bathroom I was shocked when I noted that James door was open ( Sarah's Brother) and a group of his friends were inside playing video games. They all just stared at me in awe and then started whistling.

I noticed a particular person in that group it was Anthony my ex-boyfriend. He was just staring at me the whole time while I walked over to Sarah's room. I decided not to pay attention to the group of males there.