Trash

I like to tell myself that I've relatively—relatively, I repeat—good luck as compared to the majority of human beings out there.

But have you ever told a lie to yourself?

Well—today has proved itself to be the perfect example of how I, Ace Salander, have been lying to myself for the apparent twenty-something years of my life.

I do not have good luck.

Fate had its way with the souls that it did not like. In fact, it would've been more accurate to say that Fate despised me. For some reason, I was wrongfully (or, rightfully) classified under the 'trash' section of humans and chucked somewhere in the foul sewers of the human world and life in general.

I say this because having experienced blow after blow of Fate's ugly fist into my (not really) precious face for half a day, I found that Fate decided to take pity on my wasted soul by giving me a penny in exchange for it.

I know—I mean, that's all I'm worth...probably.

A penny.

Seems legit.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Salander. We will contact you regarding the results of the interview in the coming week," The nice female, Janna, stood up with a stiff smile as she held out a hand.

The penny from Fate had come in the form of a meagre, boring interview accompanied by equally boring replies from stupid Ace which overall, made everything boring. I'm boring, yes.

At least it didn't go bad.

Boring isn't bad, it's just...boring.

...which was why I said Fate took pity on me.

I shook her offered hand in a feeble manner.

"Uh, yeah...sure..." And under my breath, "don't need to waste phone bills, I know I'm not hired..."

Janna blinked. "Pardon?"

"Oh nothingnothing it's just me talking to...no one."

She laughed, and hot Blake Mason just looked one-hundred-percent done with me.

Ah, how I wish he actually did me in the first place—

"Sure thing Salander. See you, then." She nodded, gathering her files. "You may leave."

I flashed a quick smile, bowing quickly before taking my leave. In the very least, I was able to maintain some form of respect in that tiny brain of my own. Even if there were no achievements that came along with it.

After all, I did have enough of everyone telling me how rude my sister could be.

It was tough showing others that just because we were related didn't mean we shared the same values.

Dragging my feet out of the elevator and into the carpark, I fished for my car keys whilst trying to recall where I had parked it.

It didn't take too long—though in the end, I wasn't quite able to recall—because it was the only car that had the most obvious dent in its bumper. I swear, anyone would spot it a mile away.

I could only pray that Blake's Mercedes wasn't in that bad a shape as mine.

...who am I kidding? Of course it is.

To top it off, being broke wasn't the best thing to be when I had to pay for his repairs.

I sighed, pulling the car door open only to realize that I had yet to unlock it. Wow, clever Ace. So clever.