Crash Course

A/N: The following is an excerpt from the latest chapter of Crash, which can be found on Radish :) Enjoy!

P.S Cuppie sniffs some yummy bedtime in the next chapter. *Sniffs more*

_____________________

Boy, was I glad to be at Leighton's Place. The moment we arrived at the hotel and emerged from the back of the truck, cold and tired, we were greeted with the sight of warm lights and carpeting across the lobby floor. We thanked the driver who had some of the staff tend to us instead of helping him unload the boxes of vacuumed pillows (the kind soul) before going inside.

"Here you go," one of the hotel's staff member handed us warm, fluffy towels. "Please proceed to the receptionist while I fix you some hot tea!"

"I want hot chocolate," Gabriel the tiny boy piped up shyly, and the staff laughed.

"No problem dear. Wait here, alright?"

Blake and I wrapped ourselves up (okay I admit, it was just me) and headed towards the counter to book a room for two. The thought of a hot bubble bath and cozy bed was enough to keep my feet alive even though they were, in fact, freezing.

"Good evening! How may I help you?"

Blake fished in his back pocket for his wallet. It was soaked. "A twin room for the night please." He produced a card and it was only then that I fully registered his intention to pay. I pushed his hand aside, whipping out my soggy paper wallet. It wasn't very appealing.

"No, no no no—"

"Would you like a double instead? With a queen-sized bed," the bomb was dropped and immediately, the conversation escalated too quick for comfort. "It's a very popular choice with couples."

"No no no no, ohmygod—"

"A king sized?" The staff blinked, fingers hovering over the screen of her touch computer. "We've got a deluxe suite, if you'd be satisfied with that. It comes with a jacuzzi and a sea vi—"

Blake shrugged. "Anything's fine."

"As in!" I interrupted with the reddest and most embarrassing face one could ever imagine. "We'll take the twin room but I'll be paying." I stole a glance at my superior, wondering just what he was getting at with his slip-shod response.

The staff paled.

"Oh." She lowered her gaze to the computer screen. "Oh dear. I've already keyed in a confirmation for a deluxe suite since your partner..."

Both of us stared at Blake.

I began hissing under my breath because—ohmygod, did Blake just seal my fate of sleeping on the floor??? Not to mention, burning a hole in my entire bank account?? "Why'd you say that? Look, I know we're on a hypothetical date but—"

"Visa."

I froze as Blake proceeded to hand over a jet-black card that looked hella fancy, which the staff received without hesitation. "Sure. Would you like a complimentary bottle of wine?"

He wasn't even looking at me by this point. "Why not."