The Video

"We're here.", Hannah whispers. I open my eyes, and turn to face Hannah. 

"Wow. That didn't take much.", she says, chuckling. "Light sleeper?"

"Sadly, yea.", I answer, smiling.

"Don't worry, same here. I usually stay up late, though. I'm kinda not tired at all so I'll probably be up a while. You can go ahead and go to bed, if you want."

"I mean, if you don't mind, could I stay up with you? I think the tears just got the best of me, I don't sleep a lot usually, so I'm up late too.", I reply. 

"Oh, yea, God, of course!", she says smiling, obviously relieved that she wouldn't be up all night alone. "Maybe we could even film a video or something if you're up for it."

"Oh my god! Yes! Definitely!! I just need to shower first I look all cry-y.", I chirp excitedly. 

"Deal.", she says as she unlocks the door. "The bathroom is the second door on the left in that hallway over there.", she adds, pointing to a hallway. I make my down the hall as Hannah throws me a towel. 

                                                                                    20 minutes later

I climb out of the shower, and put the same clothes back on. I stand in front of the mirror, staring at my hair, imagining it being shorter. When I told my mom I wanted my hair short, I didn't mean this shoulder length crap. Tears roll down my cheeks as I think about my mom, and Hannah knocks on the door. 

"Hey you okay in there?", she asks, probably noticing I've been out of the shower for like 10 minutes now. 

"Yea, I'm..I'm okay.", I whimper, wiping tears from my eyes. 

"Are you dressed?"

"Um...y-yea..?", as soon as I respond, Hannah comes through the door to see me staring in the mirror. I turn around quickly, wiping tears from my face.

Hannah comes straight towards me, wrapping her arms around me and hugging me tight. I can feel her heart beating as I press my head into her chest, marinating in the moment. 

"Maybe we can do that video another day. Wanna watch Doctor Who?", she says softly as I pull my gently away from her embrace. I nod, smiling. 

"Wait. You're wearing the same clothes...that's not comfortable...c'mon, I'll lend you some pajamas and we'll go shopping tomorrow.", she offered, smiling. 

"No, no you don't have to do that...I'll get a job...you really don't-"

"No! Seriously it's fine. I gots money to burrrrrrnnnn. Plus like...I don't need anything but you do so yea we must shoppp!", she insists, so I hesitantly agree, but insist that I still need to get a job and help with rent. I always feel bad when people buy me things. She walks to her room, throws me an over-sized tee shirt, and I slip it on in the bathroom and head out to her living room. She's already sitting on the couch hugging her dalek stuffed animal and eagerly scrolling through her DVR recordings on her flat-screen tv. She motions for me to come to the couch, and I sit down as she presses play.