Chapter 5 - Snapping Detention

Time ticked away like an arrow and it was lunchtime. Mia beeped me that I should find my way to the canteen and they'll meet me there. I kind of need the map of Dora, blame it on this huge sumptuous school for it takes me half of my time to track the canteen.

Opening the door, the aroma of food finds its way to my nostrils and my stomach grumbled in answer. The room was huge, with high ceilings, large glass windows, and tables with built-in chairs accommodating all students. I picked my lunch and I mentally perform a happy dance that the cafeteria doesn't serve blandly foods- sucks.

I found my way to an empty table adjacent to the window. I walked with much careful, afraid that my tray will slip off from my hands as students came hastening my way like tractors and smashing my shoulder into a pulp.

I opened and took a bit of my sandwich as I watched the scenery in front of me hap. I watched from the distance the swaying trees, dancing arithmetically where the wind blows, the rustling leaves tumbling down to the wide green field of Costados. A group of teens is playing soccer on the field; they burst out laughing when one of the guys falls on his butt as the ball hit his head. On the far side of the bench, another group of chicks is sitting, lounging, laughing.
Loneliness embarked and my heart squeezes tightly just seeing them having fun.
I missed my school. I missed my friends. I miss my sister.

I missed when everything is normal.

I wish I could go back to when I was so carefree, reckless, and tactless. Now, I no longer know-how.

I feel like a lost puppy in this wild place called the world searching for an owner to take care of me. A puppy that doesn't know where to and what to do.

I was fetched back to reality when someone slapped my back harshly earning me to choke.

"Hey Annathea, what's up?" Phillip asked. He took a seat across from me, snatched my fries, and chewed it. Easton followed so was Brett.

"So good until you turn up and tried to kill me. I don't know I was enrolled in a school full of killers and murderers. " I replied rubbing my back. From bumping to smashing and slapping, It won't be a surprise when the school ends I'll be crippled, completely lying back in bed.

"Surprise. Surprise. You're still alive. And aren't murderers a killer?"

"Ha, Didn't I say 'tried'?"

And aren't you all a sadist?

"Anyways, where are the girls? Where's Mia?" Phillip asked, taking in around the canteen. "They let you walk here by yourself? Easton, you were with Annathea-- can I call you Ann? Your name is so mouthful."

I smiled.

He looked at Easton back. "You're with Ann just earlier and you left her alone?" He asked. "Some jerk you are."

"Will you stop with inquisitions, your honor? You make me dunk like a bad guy. I walked her to her next class after our same class ended." Easton defended.

"I don't know if I'll be thrilled that you care about my being or be offended you thought of me as a four-year-old kid unable to handle herself." I mused at Phillip and he flashed me a knowing smile.

"Be flattered. You can't find such a handsome, thoughtful and caring friend as I am."

"Ego man. I'm afraid you won't fit at the hem of your shirt after." I chuckled.

The boys grabbed their lunch and they tried to make conversation with me while waiting for the others to pile up. Thankfully the wait wasn't awkward except for Brett throwing some subtle insults at me. He doesn't like me. I guess.