Chapter 21 - Your Daddy Is A Jealous Husband

Everyone's eyes set on her and I feel like the time stop and freeze everything around us.

Mia likes him.

She likes Ashton.

A foreign feeling slowly crawled up my chest. I feel like I have a sudden heart congestion and I forgot to speak as I saw Mia hastily wiped her tears. Steve pulled out a chair next to Mia and tenderly squeezes his twin's shoulder and gives her a half hug.

Then my eyes moved to Brett.

Brett's head casted down and his breathing heavy. I could imagine violet glows coming from him just like in Japanese movies. The revelation must be a slap for him right on the face.

"Sorry I lied when I told you that I don't like him," Mia sniffed. "But if you truly like him I guess I can't do anything about that."

"Hold up," Easton turned to me. "Why didn't you tell us that you were dating Ashton? You've said it before that you don't have boyfriend but you should have at least mention that someone was courting you."

Before I could utter a word Brett beat me up and spoke. "That's because it was a fake. They're not really in relationship." He said his voice strain. I think I just saw Easton's eyes twinkled.

"I feel betrayed." Mia mocked, sending glares at Brett.

"Since when did you like him?" I asked Mia.

She blushed. "Ever since I could remember."

"Mia..." Steve whispered.

"I'll guess you despise Victoria simply because she's Ashton's girlfriend? You clearly is jealous." Luvelle said for the first time.

Mia huffed. "Hey! I hate her guts too."

"But if," Mia said stressing the if word. " if ever the time comes that you two will be together, I will not be the jealous bitch to oppose and do everything to break you two."

"Martyr." Brett mumbled pushing his chair angrily and stormed away.

"What's his problem?" Mia scowled, tearing her gaze away from Brett's retreating form.

Easton coughed awkwardly as Steve creased his brows questioningly. I heard Luvelle gushed,"I smell something fishy."

I sighed and stood up. "Excuse me." I said and followed where Brett go.

I went out the diner and saw him at the side of the building facing the wall. As I moved my way towards him I gasped when I noticed his hand coated with blood.

"Cheese sticks! You're bleeding!"

I grabbed his hand but he immediately pulled back. I cringed when I looked up the wall with red stained of his fist then on his hand dripping with blood.

"Brett," I whispered soothing his back. "You can't just fist bump the wall for they aren't friendly."

"Seriously, Ann?"

I shrugged. "Just want you to feel better. How- how are you feeling? Does it hurt? Of course it hurts now let's get you to the hospital."

"No medicine could mend what I feel right now." He mumbled, his voice cracked at the end. "I chose to be blind even though I knew her infatuation toward that cad. But hearing her admitting it hurts me shitload." He looked up and his eyes are pooling with tears until he can't hold it anymore and the tears are falling freely. It's my first time to see Brett cry and the pain in his eyes is so contiguous it made me cry too. Oh my poor Brett. I embraced him in a hug.