Chapter 14- Feeling Damsel

"What are you doing in this place?" Easton inquired. He opened the passenger door for me, and I slid into his car, mumbling thank you. He jogged to the driver's seat, inserted the keys into the ignition, and drove off down the street.

"I ate lunch," my statement sounded more like a question.

Easton's brows knitted together. "You skipped school? And what happened to your leg?" he asked, his gaze drawn to the blood stains on my jeans, which had been scraped by the wire in the school.

"Oh," I hesitated. I'm not sure if I should tell Easton the truth. Should I tell that I was with Ashton? Will he be upset if he finds out that I want to be friends with someone they despise?

They had no idea I knew Ashton other than through chance meetings, and I have no plans to tell them given that their groups of friends don't get along. Whether I tell him or not, I know the truth will come out and they will find out.

"It's nothing," I finally said after few seconds of thought.

I honestly want to tell the truth, but I don't have the courage to do so. Perhaps someday. Maybe another time.

"Does it hurt?" he inquired, peering down my leg. His face was filled with worry. I couldn't help but laugh. I haven't been asked about my conditions in a long time. So it surprises me when someone inquires about my well-being. Easton's concerns warm my heart. I gave him a grin and told him it was nothing.

"How about you? What exactly are you doing here?" I inquired. Easton jerked his head to the side. I suddenly noticed that his cheekbone was swollen. He has a cut on the corner of his lips and between his brows. My gaze was drawn to his swollen knuckles, and I gasped as I noticed the knife cut on his hand.

"You're hurt," I quipped. I'm pretty sure he didn't get these cuts from the three strangers with piercings we met a while ago. I touched his swollen cheek, and he winced.

"There was a fight, and the other school caused trouble, so we taught them a lesson to put them back in their place."

What about another school? Is he talking about Jeffty's school? I've heard that both schools have a great rivalry. Before , it was just an academic and curricular conflicts, but as the years passed, students became involved in the conflict, and the rivalry became physical. They made it a point to establish campus territories and rules that anyone who steps on or violates will result in street fights.

My brow furrowed and my frown deepened. "We? Who's with you?"

"Some guys from school," he explained. Was Ashton a part of it? I'm wondering if he was hurt as well. The ruckus happened to be nearby. That's why he insisted on my leaving because it was far too dangerous for me to stay here any longer. 

"You skip school too?"

Easton hummed and shrugged like it was nothing.

"Classes still go on without us. No big deal." He said. I shook my head. "I shouldn't be around you. You're a BI." I accused and he laughed.

"Look who's talking, and you can't get away from me; you're stuck with me for the entire semester, remember?"