Chapter 11- Trouble Magnet

I hurried from the third to the ground floor. Dang. This school is enormous. I'm honestly surprised that I still have energy despite not having eaten anything for half of the day.

As I walked down the corridor, I reflected on what had just happened. Pretending. The word kept ringing in my head. What are they pretending about? Are they acting as if they're a couple? Is it true that everything about them is a hoax? Why? For what purpose?

Or are they simply pretending to be high and eminent? Maybe, just maybe, they're ordinary people, and being scary and unfriendly is just a front.

That's so pathetic. They are, after all, ordinary people! What do they eat, a gold nugget?

Then what are they hiding?!

I remembered Mia warned me to stay away from them. What if they are the son and daughter of notorious mafias? What if they were in disguise in order to hide from their assassins? What if — Okay stop. I don't know where my thoughts taking me and besides, for the umpteenth of time, what do I care?

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't notice I'd walked right into the Teen Center's glass wall. Ouch. What the hell is this wall doing in this place? It hadn't been here before, had it? In order to exact my vengeance on the stupid wall, which had grown in here, blocked my path, and bumped me, I kicked it forcefully.

"That glass can't fight back." I turned around to face the voice behind my back. He has curly brown locks that falls his eyes and high cheekbone. His face wasn't that perfect in his broken nose and thin lips. But it was regained by his tall and suave appearance.

Who was this guy?

"Unfortunately." I said and he laughed. I caressed my forehead in any case of unnecessary lump.

"Do you want me to bring you to the infirmary?" He offered. "Maybe that," he pointed to my forehead, "Needs to check, you know."

"No, no need. I'm fine." I smiled.

"Okay." He said uncertainly.

I simply stood there waiting for him to leave. I frowned as he stood immobile on his post. He looked like a model, his hands tucked into his jeans pocket, waiting for the camera to click.

"Um, aren't you going somewhere?" I asked skeptically.

He nodded his head. "If you let me bring you to the infirmary."

"I told you I'm fine. And I don't want to bother you." If there is something to check to I think it's the glass if there are any traces of cracks.

He laughed. "You're not, now come on," he said, holding out his hand. I fixed my gaze on his hand. Should I accept it? I took a look at him, and he appears to be nice. All the people you meet are nice to you, Ann. I extended my hand to take his but quickly withdrew it when I realized...

"I don't know you."

He laughed again. I've noticed that this guy laughs a lot. What a happy man. He pulled his hand and scratched the back of his neck. "How foolish of me to forget. I'm Jeffty. Jeffty Williams." He extended his hand again for handshake. Jeffty Williams? Why the name rings a bell to me? I looked at him closely yet no matter how much I tried, I can't remember his face nor recall to seen him somewhere. But I am much sure that his name sounds familiar.

"Annathea." I said and took his hand.

"So,"

"Will you take me to the cafeteria instead?"