12

Stefan P

Stefan P.O.V

'' You dated Nathalia ?'' Damon asked for the third time.

'' Yes Damon, I dated Nathalia.''

'' An Original.''

'' I didn't know she was an Original, I didn't know she was even a vampire.'' I told him pouring myself another drink still trying to digest the information.

'' You two were in a year long romance and then she packed her bags and left. I guess you didn't suit her needs Stef.'' Damon teased, I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour.

'' Why'd she leave ?''

'' Something about protecting me. Nathalia said that if she stayed I'll die, she was scared Damon.''

'' Bull crap, what do the Originals have to be scared of ? They are the oldest vampires to walk the earth.'' He said slumping into couch. Damon was right what did the Originals have to be scared of. It couldn't be from another vampire as they were the first to be created, a witch maybe and then there a wolves but their a dying breed and Klaus is hybrid so no chance there but then something clicked.

'' Damon when I was reliving the memories, I remember hearing something about her father.'' 

'' Go on.'' He said bringing his drink to his lips.

'' I overheard her maid Daya saying that her she got a letter from her brother and at the time she told me she was the only Mikaelson left. Nathalia said something about another brother then her father came up. According to Nathalia her father died in battle but obviously not, she said that her father was close and was hunting.''

'' It sounds like she has trust issues.''

'' No Damon, what if the thing she is scared of is her father, what if they are all scared of him. Her brother did send her that letter and maybe that's why she left all those years ago.'' I told him the pieces clicking together. Damon nodded realization appearing on his face.