A chapter in part four like the end

***Remus and Minnie go to the funeral together k

Remus turned up the volume on his Thorens TD-160 turntable, the vinyl on it Sirius knew was his favourite - a muggle album 'American Pie' by Don McLean.

Pulling his fiancé in for the first song, Remus moved his arms in an awkwardly adorable way and belted the words out in his scratchy voice - "singin' this'll be the day that I die, this'll be the day that I die" - and then holding Sirius to his chest and swaying slowly to the Outro.

Remus planted a kiss on the shorter man's forehead, humming as the next song played. Stepping back from Sirius and leaning back on the sofa, he took a swig of his open firewhiskey bottle, clearing his throat and grinning.

"Come here," he chuckled, and Sirius pressed his head into his body, arms round his waist.

Ten minutes later Remus suddenly gasped, stopping midway kissing the way up Sirius' ear. "Siri! This is my favourite song; dance with me?"

The song he referred to was called 'Vincent', and had a soft, dreamy feel to it and they just swayed in time, sharing kisses and Remus singing quietly.

This close, Sirius admired how Remus' golden brown eyes had flecks of bright silver in them, and that there was a collection of freckles on his left cheek that made up a almost perfect circle.

"I love this song," he said again as the song concluded.

"I don't know about the song, but I sure do love you," Sirius smirked, poking his fiancé's nose, who rolled his eyes.

They danced to every song on the vinyl, getting increasingly tipsy and by the end Sirius was singing even louder than Remus, despite not knowing any of the words. Instead he sung random thoughts - "have you watered your oh so many plants, Rem?" - and the things he most liked about Remus' face. He did this only because he enjoyed making the taller man flustered a little too much to be healthy.

"I need you," Remus said quietly. "I don't think I'd survive if someone took you away from me."

"I won't let that happen. Ever."

Sirius kissed his forehead again, settled down on the sofa once again with his nearly empty firewhiskey and absentmindedly played with his two-way mirror as the dusty streams of sunlight fell across his dark curls and highlighted his sharp cheekbones and long pixieish nose.

"You're beautiful," Remus stated and Sirius rolled his eyes.

"I know."

"Are we still going to go see James and Lily this weekend?"

Sirius beamed. "Yes. I can't wait to see Harry and of course them too. Harry's so cute, don't you think?"

"I'm still his favourite you know," Remus smiled lazily.

"Totally not true."

"His first word was Rem, you dolt, I'm his favourite for sure."

He gasped. "But I'm his godfather!"

Remus opened his mouth to reply but stopped as Sirius sat bolt upright, eyes suddenly wide, staring into the two-way mirror. He leaned over worriedly and saw James' face close up in the glass.

"Sirius, Voldemort knows, Sirius. I-" James' face jerked away, he had obviously dropped the mirror. James and the hallway in which he was standing vanished and Sirius' reflection replaced it, face drained of all colour. He could feel his eyes burning. There was only one way Voldemort could've known where James and Lily were. Peter.

"I have to get there fast," Sirius said panicked and stood up to apparate, but Remus stood too, grabbed and shook him, angry with hot tears brimming in his eyes. He had obviously reached the same conclusion.