Room of Requirement

Sirius was asleep. He had been on and off for several days now, barely awake for half an hour at a time. His sleep, however, hadn't refreshed him and every time he woke he felt more tired and light headed than before. Madame Pomfrey was with him most of the day, checking his symptoms and trying to figure what was wrong with him to still be ill now.

"No ideas?" Sirius asked her for the umpteenth time as she propped up his pillows for him to have breakfast with Remus, who had been kind enough to bring some up even though a house elf could've easily done so.

"Well, it could be poison, but I don't know what poison, it doesn't fit with all the ones I've checked. I'm going to breakfast now, I'm trusting you'll be fine while I'm gone, I'm pretty sure you won't drop down dead too soon." She patted his arm, grinned and shuffled out of the room, leaving them alone in the infirmary.

"I didn't know Madame Pomfrey made jokes," Remus said in an attempt at small talk - his mind was too busy worrying to manage a conversation well.

Sirius took a bite of toast and wiggled his fingers on his left hand. "I mean, you'd have to be able to cheer yourself up with such a dismal job, wouldn't you? So, how's the others and like, classes and the like? What have I missed? Has Lily finally murdered that git I call my best friend?"

"Oh, not yet," Remus grinned, "just keep an eye out for those two... Peter's always somewhere else nowadays, no idea what's with him, and obviously James is running after Lily so it's been quite boring without you. I've just been hanging out in the library when Madame Pomfrey says I'm not allowed to visit you. James came in yesterday, but you were being an arse and didn't wake up. He's kind of upset about that, he thinks it's going to ruin your marriage."

Sirius rolled his eyes and barked out a laugh. "Hm, I'm sure. Well, tell him I say hi and that the divorce files are being sent over. Also that he is supposed to be my best friend and he's doing a shit job at the moment."

"We could send a howler?"

"That's a great idea. We should totally do that." There was a quiet as both boys imagined how James would react.

A quarter of an hour later when Madam Pomfrey bustled up from the Great Hall to check yet again on Sirius, she met a rather smug Remus on the stairs going in the opposite direction, something stuffed in his pocket. She took no notice and told him a quick "good morning" before quickening her pace.

Remus sidled down the stairs and through the doors to the Hall, where the students were just finishing up with their food. He immediately picked out James, Lily and Peter by the girl's red hair and he strode over. They noticed him a few feet off and shouted at him in greeting.

As Remus slid into his seat, he pulled out the purple envelope with a smirk. "Sirius got you a letter," he said wickedly.

James' face paled as he took the howler from Remus. "You- what do I do? I hate you both."

"Open it, go on Potter, don't be a coward," Lily teased, and James, wanting to impress her, opened it.

Sirius' voice filled the hall. "JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER, YOU ARE THE WORST BEST MATE, EVER! THE MARRIAGE IS OFF, I WANT A DIVORCE. I AM KIND OF SORRY, JAMIE, BUT THIS IS THE LAST STRAW. I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN A WEEK! FURTHERMORE - do you appreciate how complicated my words are, yeah, I know, I'm a genius - I SEE HOW YOU LOOK AT THAT RED HAIRED GIRL - sorry Lily, love you really. AM I NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU, JAMIE? YOU DISGUST ME! GOODBYE, POTTER, THIS IS MY LAST WORD." The howler shredded itself and exploded, leaving the hall silent for a moment before laughter erupted from all the house tables. James, being James, thought this was because he was funny, and he stood up on the table and bowed to everyone, most of whom cheered in a confused manor, as no one but his friends had the nerve to boo him down though their laughter.

Across the hall, Bellatrix and her best friend Rita were sitting at the Slytherin table. The blonde was mouthing off Will Farrow for being a good-for-nothing, two-faced son of a bitch because she and Bella had caught him snogging Alicia Parker when he had promised Rita he liked her. Rita had fancied Will since first year. Despite the furious movements of her friend, and the fact she was practically screaming insults, Bellatrix sat motionless with her chin on her palm and a fork of egg dangling from her fingers. She was watching the Gryffindor table.

"Are you even listening to me? Bella?"

Bellatrix slowly turned her head and grinned lazily. "I totally agree. We should go to class now - Transfiguration, your favourite, Rixie." She paused, and the two gave each other a knowing look before pretending to swoon and calling: "Izar Covritch!" The two girls exploded into giggles and they left the table, Bella hexing a small, curly-haired first year as she stood up and Rita tiptoeing gracefully towards the door to mimic the sixth year Ravenclaws, who always pretended they went to Beauxbatons and took trips to the ballet. This, of course, was ruined by the loud cackle she emitted as she fluttered from the hall.

"Rixie!" Bella screeched as they turned to corner into the transfiguration corridor. "Hurry up and stop walking like that!" Rita stopped her graceful fluttering immediately and hung her head in shame. Though they were best friends, it was obvious to both of them that Bellatrix had a higher status than Rita, and so Rita took orders from her. It was just simple logistics - not that either of them knew what logistics were.

As Bellatrix sat next to Rita and Harvey Fryer, a plan was forming in her brain. She dipped her quill into her pot of ink slowly, rested the other end on her lip as the thick black liquid dripped from the nib before running it across a spare piece of parchment. She slid the paper over so Rita could read it. A delighted giggle came in reply.

Across the room, Lily Evans snapped her head round to the left to glance at the two Slytherin girls, because when Rita giggled like that, it could never be a good thing. Lily leant back on her hair and stared out at the dewy morning lawns, with curls of mauve lavender lining the edges, their long necks craned to catch the golden ribbons of sunlight poking through the clouds - so much for good weather, it had gone back to being dismal again.

A ladybird was crawling along the window ledge. It had one wing dragging beside it as it pawed at the glass with its tiny front legs. Sliding her wand from her pocket, Lily unlocked the window with no noise uttered from her lips, let the ladybird out and then locked it again. The beetle sat on the outside window ledge for a moment before trying to fly a few inches to a group of lavender flowers. It flew very lopsidedly because of its broken wing and landed a little further down the plant than it had intended, but Lily smiled because at least it felt like she had done something right, and that felt good.

-

Sirius was still ill when the day of the Hogsmeade trip arrived, though he was feeling a little better - he had been sleeping in the dormitory, but he still ate his meals with Remus in the common room, rather than with the others in the Great Hall.

When everyone is at higsmeade sirius and remus stay bc they ill and something scary happens
Bella is plotting something about sev i think

HEY 

So hope you liked reading this I wrote it about half a year ago and will not be writing more but you can check out my other works and stuff. Sadly I don't write fan fiction anymore, but I'm writing a proper book to be officially published in a few years. Not that anyone cares, but that's why I'm no longer updating these stories. There are a few more drafts after this chapter I will put up, and a random extra chapter if you're interested in how the story ends and stuff.

Thanks for reading and stuff x