heda

[ Commander ]

Her back still hurt and she felt the five marks as if they were alive. Lincoln hadn't said a word while burning them into her skin, but when the blade hit the skin for the first time, Valika could've sworn that Lincoln had, too, whimpered slightly.

Valika wandered through the woods aimlessly and hummed the melody of a children's song. She didn't really care for protection at that moment as she was quite sure that by now, her father knew she was alive and knew that she wasn't a coward any longer, but she still gripped her bow tightly as if she needed to hold onto it for safety.

Lexa stared at Valika intently and smiled to herself. This fight was comparable to an honor round. Like a first open display of power and superiority.

Valika looked to her mom and she thought for a second that she'd seen a tear welling up in her right eye, but just for a second.

Valika only now realized that she was going to die; that death was the ultimate price for innocence. Her eyes moved faster and she turned her head to look at all her surroundings for just a split second. Her mind was practically fuming and every single gasp of rationality inside the young girl was working on finding a way to escape the last fight.

Her opponent swung the handle of the sword around her wrist and waited patiently for Valika to give Titus her sign of her readiness.

Valika frowned as she thought of the documentations about past conclaves she'd read about and then suddenly, like a switch being flipped on, Valika remembered the seventh conclave and when she looked at Titus, the flamekeeper, she knew that he'd known she would remember.

Valika stepped into the battle circle, holding onto her sword for support. Before Titus could even react, Valika sunk down on her knees in front of Lexa and let her blade slip from her hand.

"Ai laik nou heda," she spoke loudly. Lexa's mouth opened and she turned to Titus, but he only nodded. Valika bowed to Lexa. "Heda, ai badan yu op en nou moun. By the right gon heda Lucille I ask for diplomatic immunity in the name of reproduction of the race of the natblida."

[I am not a commander] [I serve you and no other] [Of commander Lucille] [Nightbloods]

She hadn't planned to walk this south, but when she heard agonizing screams coming from somewhere close to the old ruins, Valika changed her direction.

Slowly she was now crouching closer to the cry outs.

There, in the dirt, sat Bellamy Blake with a gun in his hands and yelling at nothing, but air. She flinched as she saw him so helpless and controlled by the jobi nuts. She didn't understand everything, but every once in a while she heard him pleading for someone to shoot him and soon heard that he wasn't only a torturer, but also a murderer and and enemy to his own people.

Valika saw the way he looked at the gun and for a second she was sure that he'd do it, but then out of nowhere, a boy jumped at Bellamy and tried to strangle him.

It was like a reflex. Swiftly, Valika picked up an arrow from her quiver and pointed the bow at the two fighting boys. For a moment, Valika couldn't even decide whom she wanted to shoot with it. Probably both of them.

Then Clarke ran into the clearing and tried to hit the attacker with her gun. However, she was thrown off the boy immediately and fell to the ground.

Valika felt an anger inside her. The boy didn't have the right to kill these people. She was supposed to kill them. They were her kills.

The arrow hit the boy right in his upper thigh, barely an inch from his artery away.
He stumbled backwards and when he fell onto the soft ground, Bellamy had already picked up the gun and seconds later a loud shot rang through the air and the attacker stopped moving.

The two sky people sunk down in front of a tree, breathing heavily.

Lexa looked to Titus for support who finally walked up beside her and whispered into her ear, what her opponent had just done. Lexa's facial expression hardened and she lifted her chin. 

"Valika kom trikru, chon ste natblida en gona gon disha gonplei," she nodded towards Valika.

"Ai teik em kik raun. Ai sou nou teik em wan op." Then she turned to the people. "Valika will live. Jomp em op en yu jomp ai op. Breik em au," was the last thing Lexa said to her before walking away with Titus.

[Valika of the tree people, who is a nightblood and a warrior in this fight. I let her live. I don't let her die. Attack her and you attack me. Free her.]

Valika let out a breath and fell to the ground completely. "Oh God. Oh my God," she held her chest and her hands sunk into her hair.

Suddenly she was pulled by her hair and faced with her mother. Immediately, she felt a harsh slap across her cheek. It was her mother, she'd slapped Valika.

"You are a shame, ai goufa! How dare you bring all this shame over your family!"

[ my child ]

"Mother, I-" She started, but was cut off by her mother raising her hand.

"When you return home, nothing will ever make your life worth saving."

A/N

i feel kinda bad for stealing the gif cause it was from a clexa scene, but it fit sorry

and i didn't edit this so there might be some grammar errors oops 

also: have a beautiful day!

-charlie