belomi bleik

[ Bellamy Blake ]

Valika knew that if she didn't act know, she wouldn't get justice anytime soon. She pulled out a throwing knife from her back pocket as she wasn't sure that she'd hit them with an arrow, for she was still not perfect at it.

Lincoln had tried to teach her, but failed miserably and Valika didn't learn how to shoot an arrow until last winter when her father forced her to.

The knife rested in the palm of Valika's hand and she focused entirely on Clarke who was, right now, comforting Bellamy.

Clarke wouldn't be her sixth kill and Bellamy wouldn't be either. She'd kill a lot of sky people before she'd finally kill Bellamy.

Something had changed about him. He wasn't the strong leader who'd tortured Lincoln and her. He was a whining baby, scared of himself and scared of the monster growing inside of him.

When Valika finally threw the knife, she interrupted Clarke mid-speach as the knife hit her upper thigh, near her artery. It was enough force to make her unconscious for a while.

Bellamy's eyes widened in shock and he cupped her face in his hands. Interesting, she thought. "Clarke? Clarke, please, can you hear me?" His voice got more quiet as he spoke and Valika could physically see a switch being flipped inside his brain. He was back in survival mode. Swiftly he grabbed a gun from the ground and checked the parameter, but before he could even realize that someone was standing behind a tree, he felt a stinging pain in his abdomen. Before he lost conscience, he could catch a glimpse of a small knife sticking out of his body and before he knew, he was falling backwards and everything went black.

Valika sighed and jumped down onto Bellamy's level. It was a weird sight. Two leaders so weakened. It was also auch an intense feeling of power because she could kill them right now. She was in charge and the feeling it gave her could never be put into words. The underestimated, weak girl was in charge now and she had two trophys for herself.

Valika pulled the knife out of Clarke's leg and sliced it over the wound a second time before putting it back into the sheath. Her gaze wandered to Bellamy and she sighed.

x

It felt weird, coming back to her father's old hunting cave after such a long time. The last time she'd been there, her sister died by her side. Everyone had been conditioned to think it had been a hunting accident, but Valika remembered the look on Lincoln's face as she told him and the way the word "Azgeda" had left his lips. 

She had a hard time getting Bellamy restrained, especially when he started gaining conscience again. It had started with a muttered: "Who're you?"

"Let me go!" He was yelling repeatedly now.

"You know that won't really do it, right? I don't care for your yelling around," she threw her hands in the air dramatically as she chewed on some berries. 

"You're here for the same reason I was with you," she smiled at his pained facial expression. "To pay for your sins."

He closed his eyes and pressed his lips into a thin line. Bellamy knew how weak he'd been when she caught him. He knew he couldn't just pull of the 'superior leader'-act.

He opened his mouth shyly, but shut it quickly.

"You play the act and think no one will see, but I saw and so did she." Valika was standing directly in front of him now.

"She pitied you." Bellamy tried to press his lids shut even more as if somehow, that could block out her horrible words.

"And she forgave you, too, but there still is one problem, Bellamy Blake," she whispered, her voice cracking slightly.

"I don't forgive you."

He had to restrain himself so hard from begging. He was so close to giving into her because he truly believed what she said. That he was a monster and that monster would always have to pay for their sins, but he also saw her standing there, eyes full of hatred and voice laced with angst.

"You tortured the only person I ever loved. You would've killed him!"

"You speared one of ours, not to mention the people you killed trying to save your friend. You're not innocent either," he whispered, his deep voice sending shivers down her spine.

"You're right. I'm not innocent! You're the only reason I'm not innocent," she pointed at his chest. "You're the reason I've become this machine, this monster! It's all on you!" She yelled and bit her quivering lip.
"You came here and just ruined my life!" Valika continued yelling. "If it wasn't for you, I'd still be innocent!"

She regained her posture and tried to swallow the lump forming in her throat.
"Maybe I should thank you, you know?" She looked him in the eye for a second. "I'm finally how my father wanted me to be! I'm finally a cold-hearted killer. I should finally fit in with my people!" She exclaimed.

"But I don't," she smiled weakly. "And you? The big leader? A whole group of teenagers following you and what do you do? Incite hatred and pit them against each other. You people really do know nothing, don't you?"

"I will do anything to protect my people," he just muttered. 

"Peculiar," she commented. "We have finally found something we both agree on."

"We're both monsters," he bluntly stated and swallowed thickly.

"What?" She frowned and stared at him, confused.

"You said you were a monster," he started, but paused to lay out his words carefully. "You-" She interrupted him.

"Don't! I heard you. I heard every single damn thing," Valika spoke through gritted teeth. Finally, she sat down on a wooden stool close to Bellamy.  

"I heard everything," she whispered more to herself than to him. 

A/N

i think the next few chapters are finally gonna be some Valika|Bellamy fluff-action and I'm really excited for it. in this one i feel like in some parts valika has some mood swings and lets all her anger and frustration and sadness out on Bellamy. my poor children. pls do note the slight bellarke hints in the beginning yo thanks

also: i'm working on a second playlist because i literally could spend days making playlists for people 

aaaand thank you so so much for 500 reads i love you all lots 

-charlie