what do you think?

You continued to lay in your tent. Doing nothing but thinking to yourself. Gosh, you hoped this little run-in didn't make things awkward between both of you. You just got caught off guard at the wrong time. If this stupid Beruka incident never happened, everything would be fine between the two of you. Hell, you could even have been married by now! But it was time to face the facts.

You loved him and he loved someone else.

There are two things you could do. Suck it up and tell him exactly what was wrong. Or keep it bottled up and who knows, maybe Beruka actually says yes to him. Sometimes things don't go according to plan.

You sat on the thought for a while. Knowing that by tomorrow, you would have to have an answer for yourself.

You decided just to change out of your armor and sleep on your decision one more night.

***

You woke up later the next morning. You turned onto your back and laid the back of your hand on your forehead as you took a breath. It was against the plans. But sometimes life takes unexpected turns. It was time to just let go of all fear and come clean. If he actually did run off and get married without you ever gaining the courage and fessing up. It would always bother you.

So it was time to just do it.

You through off your blankets and changed back into your normal dark outfits. Doing everything like you normally would.

After everything was said and done, you walked out of your tent to check back on Selena. She sounded pretty sick yesterday, and you wanted to make sure she didn't need anything. "Hey Selena, are you still sick?" You asked through the thin mesh of her tent. "Nah, you can come on."

You unpinned the entrance of her tent and walked inside. She must recover quickly. She didn't look like she was sick the night before. She was already dressed and everything. "You recover very quickly from sickness." You commented. "About that." She smiled. "I wasn't sick." "What?" "I wasn't sick. When you showed up yesterday, I was gonna tell you that it was just a really lazy day for me. But I saw two shadows on my tent and Kaze isn't hard to notice. I mean, his posture is perfect, and he's the only person I know who stands the way he dose." You giggled a bit. She was right. He did always stand with his feet towards the side. "I saw him with you and I knew that if I told you I was just being lazy, you would drag me out with the two of you and I didn't know what was gonna happen between the two of you then."

You laughed very lightly. "Your a good actor then. You had me convinced." "Well coughing and sniffling isn't too hard to do." "Whatever." You ignored, feeling dumb for not knowing she was acting. "Now that I think about it. When you did put on your act. Kaze laughed a bit. He seemed really unamused. He must have known you were lying."

"No surprise. Pretty boy can read emotions. Beruka was telling me about that."

"Oh...did she say-" "No."

She cut you off. "She didn't say anything else." "But, has she been talking about him a lot." Selena nodded yes. You bit the inside of your cheek in a bit of anger. That confidence you woke up with was suddenly decreasing.

"Hey. Don't let it get to you. Not like she's been talking him up or anything. And she doesn't have a ring on." You took a breath. "Do you think I should just, tell him. I mean, I don't really want to wait anymore. If, even though the chance is low, Beruka says yes to him and I never got to at least tell him. I would never forget it, I mean. I'm not just gonna tell a married man that I'm in love with him when I had so many chances to say it! That's just..." "Wrong." "Yes."

You sat down on her cot, resting your chin on your palm as you watched her sit next to you. "If you ask me. Which, I guess you are. I would tell him. Go fishing girl. Get your fish!" She encouraged, bringing a smile to your face. "Guess I will then." She nodded.

"Go get 'em."

***

After all your talking, both of you realized that you were late for breakfast. you had spent time explaining why you suddenly wanted to tell him everything. You told her about what happened on the walk. But by now, everyone would probably be leaving breakfast. Even so, the two of you stood up, and made your way over to the mess hall. You both walked in silence, not having much to say in the short walk from the tents.

You opened the door to the building, taking a few steps in and coming face to face with just who you wanted to see. Kaze, of course. "Speak of the devil." "Excuse me?" You asked, a bit surprised at his words. "I need to speak with you. If you have the time." You stayed silent for a moment, nodding. "Yes, I do. Give me a few minuets." "Will do." He agreed before walking past you.

You gave Selena a worried look. She just shrugged back. "Don't ask me." She concluded. And the silence continued between you two. You just didn't know what to say, too nervous.

You were coming up with ways to tell him. It was unspoken to Selena, but she knew that as well, and she didn't want to wreck your train of thought. So she didn't say anything until the two of you were leaving.

"Hey." She put a hand on your shoulder. "Just tell him the truth. You can't get that wrong." You shut your eyes and nodded. Opening up your eyes and looking around, spotting Kaze by his tent. The two of you looked at each other.

Here goes...

Everything.