Fred Weasley x reader

(Written for AndreanaJackson )

I walk down the corridor after divination. I absolutely hated that class. Professor Trelawney never makes sense. As I'm deep in thought about class, I accidentally run into someone, dropping my books in the process.
"Watch where you're going, mudblood."
I look up to see the face of Draco. "I could say the same to you, arse." He always bullies me ever since he found out I was a muggleborn.
"I don't know how you were ever put in Slytherin. You're a pathetic disgrace to wizards. You don't belong here." He spits near my feet before turning and walking away. I was lucky enough he was alone. If his goons were with him, he would've been much worse. None the less, it still hurt. I picked up my books and ran in the opposite direction to the nearest empty room, tears brimming my eyes.
I sit down on the floor and cry silently. 'I'm no good. He's right, I don't belong here.' All of Draco's cruel words ring in my ears. It seemed like all the Slytherin students hated me just because I wasn't a pure or half blood. I was so busy with my thoughts and crying that I didn't hear the door open.
"(Y/N)?" I quickly get up and hide behind a desk. I watch the person walk into the room. "(Y/N), I know you're in here." The voice sounds calm and comforting. I slowly move towards the person, still out of sight, when I see who it is. It's Fred Weasley. We never really talked, but he's always seemed nice. I've also never been a victim of his and his brothers pranks.
I slowly rise from my hiding spot with red, puffy eyes. He looks at me and walks closer. "Come here, (Y/N)." As I walk within his reach, he pulls me into a hug. "Who did this to you?"
My voice shakes as I speak. "D-Draco... He called me a mudblood and a disgrace to the wizarding world." He begins to rub circles on my back.
"That little- He's going to get what he deserves. Nobody should treat you like that." He pulls away and looks at me. "I need your help with a prank." He smiles at me and I can't help but to smile back.
'His smile is so cute.' Even though we never talk, I still have a crush on him. "Alright. Let's get to pranking, Fred."

~Time skip to the next day~
"Ready?" Fred whispers to me as we see Draco turn the corner with Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy.
"Ready." Once they're in the perfect spot, Fred and I pull two separate strings. His string turned two large buckets of paint; one red, one gold. My string set off fireworks enchanted to chase after the four idiots. Their faces were priceless. Fred and I couldn't stop laughing as they were running from lion shaped fireworks while covered in the Griffindor colors.
"The paint won't come off for a week." Fred turns to me and grins.
"Thank you for helping me get them back, Fred. I really appreciate it."
"I'd do anything to protect a beautiful girl such as yourself." I look into his eyes and he pulls me in for a hug again. "I won't let them hurt you anymore. I like you too much to see you cry."
"Fred, I.. I like you too. I have for a while, I've just been too scared to admit it. I mean, we're in enemy houses."
"Who cares? Most of the Griffindors know I fancy you and keep trying to have me ask you on a date." He reaches up and runs his fingers through his hair at my surprised expression. "So, since I got that off my chest, would you like to grab a butterbeer with me in Hogsmeade sometime?"
"I would love to."