Chapter 2-What are the odds?

Sam and Dean threw themselves on their beds at the motel Night Shade.

"So, what do you think of her? The hunter chick?" Dean asked his little brother, glancing in his direction.

"She's smart. Clever. And she knows how to kick ass." Sam shrugged snd stared at the ceiling, flinching slightly at the deja vu of Jess above him.

"Yeah Sam, obviously. I mean, do you think she's dangerous?"

"She's a hunter, Dean. We're all dangerous. We gotta be." Sam sighed.

"You know what I mean."

"Why the hell do you keep talking about her?  Are you interested in her or something?"

"Pfft. No. I'm just concerned that she may have followed us. That's all."

"Well-"

A slight knock was heard at the door and the brothers both stood up slowly. Sam glanced at his watch. 2am. Who the hell would be knocking at this time. Nodding to Dean, the boys grabbed their guns and approached the door cautiously. Dean reached out and swung it open to find none other that Katherine, standing there with a smile on her beautiful face.

"Katherine?"

"What are the odds." She chuckled. Dean lowered his gun but Sam didn't, staring at the girl.

"Sammy its Katherine." Dean said as he walked back toward his bed, gesturing for her to come inside.

"How do we know that?" Sam argued.

"Oh please, I'm not a freaking demon." She sighed as she walked in only to have a bucket of holy water thrown straight over her.

"You. Did. NOT. Just. Do. That." Katherine growled, drenched from head to toe.

"Had to be sure." Sam shrugged, falling on his bed.

"And what, a tiny bit of holy water wouldn't do?" She snapped.

"Well, you followed us here so if you were a demon I wanted you to be in agony." Sam said.

"Wait, you think I followed you here? Oh please." Katherine rolled her eyes. "Don't flatter yourself. I'm still hunting in this area. I'm guessing you are to?"

"Yes, we are. Why? Want to join the fun?" Dean asked, glancing at the drenched Katherine who now has a towel and was rubbing herself dry.

"As tempting as the offer is, I work alone. Can't have people in the way."

"You didn't work alone when those vamps nearly killed your ass." Dean said, arching an eyebrow.

"That was different."

"Oh was it? Because it looked to me like you were about to die. If Sam and I didn't come when we did you'd either be a filthy bloodsucker or dead so..."

"Oh for gods sake Dean I-"

"Did someone say God?" A deep voice said from behind Katherine.

Katherine screamed and grabbed his gun, holding it toward the Angel form. "What the hell are you?"

"Relax, Katherine. It's Castiel." Sam sighed. "Cas, don't sneak up on people. How many times?"

"I am sorry, Sam. But someone said God and I thought I should tell them that he is busy and-"

"I said WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?" Katherine yelled, her finger twitching to pull the trigger.

"I am Castiel, an angel of the Lord. And you are Katherine Warner." Cas tilted his head to the side. "And you know Sam and Dean very well-"

"An angel? A damn ANGEL?" Katherine groaned. "You asshole."

"I do not understand." Cas mumbled, glancing at Dean. "Does she not like me?"

"Ignore her Cas, she's just upset because she nearly died."

"Shut up Dean."

"Make me short stuff."

"Screw you I'm not that short. I'm 5''6."

"I'm 6'0."

"I don't give a crap."

"Well-"

"Dean shut up." Sam sighed.

Castiel was looking at Katherine with the same confused expression. "How strange." He mumbled.

"What's strange?" Katherine asked, feeling slightly uncomfortable under the Angels gaze.

"You. You've know. Sam and Dean a long time. Why do they not remember?"

Shit Katherine thought. They can't know who I am!

"I have no idea what your talking about. Anyway, the main reason I came here is to tell you guys that I'm hunting a coven of weird ass witches on... 23rd street. Alone. And I don't want to see your ugly mugs there, okay?" She said, hands on her hips.

Sam nodded but Dean was to focuses on Katherine's face to take it what she was saying. After what Cas (who had now disappears again) said, he couldn't help but find all sorts of familiarities about Katherine's face. From her slim nose to her plump lips, something about her yelled 'god damn it Dean, you know this girl!' He just couldn't figure out what.

Katherine disappeared to her room about ten minutes later after telling Sam exactly where not to go tomorrow or, and quote: 'I will rip you face off and feed your corpse to a werewolf' and Dean was still sitting on his bed. "Sammy, can I borrow your computer a sec?"

Confused, Sam handed his precious computer to his older brother.

"Thanks."

Dean typed Katherine Warner into the search and there she was.

Name: Katherine Anne Warner

Age: 32

Occupation: Stripper

"Holy crap! Sammy, this Katherine's a stripper!" Deans green eyes bulged at the screen.

It was true. Hunting didn't pay, so Katherine had to find other ways to earn money. She never went to school, so she had no qualifications. But she was beautiful and knew how to make men drool, so a stripper was right down her lane. Everywhere she went, people would hire her straight away. It was easy.

"Sam, does Katherine look... Familiar to you?" Dean asked.

"What do you mean? We've seen a lot of people in our time Dean."

"I know, but it just feels like I know her from somewhere." Dean sighed and pushed a hand through his short hair. "Oh well. I'll figure it out tomorrow." He said as he climbed into his bed.

"How? We won't see her tomorrow. Or every again for that matter." Sam said as he got into his own bed.

"Oh but thats where you're wrong, sammy. We are seeing her tomorrow because we're going to go and help her wipe out that coven of witches and find out who Katherine Warner really is."