Chapter 1 : A thousand stars.

They both looked at each other, or to say stared at each other’s faces, not because they fell in love on first sight or Leo found her gorgeous but because they both wondered at the same time that “why is he her?” or “why that girl is sitting there alone at midnight?”.

The situation was supposed to be turn awkward but it didn’t, it remained the same, full of silence.

Her cashmere coat, which was gifted by her dad on thanksgiving, stuck to her body and her hair stuck to her forehead, creating a really pathetic scene in spite of all that her black eyes and angel like complexion made her look beautiful under the moonlight .

Unlike all the other rich kids, she had a beautiful and wonderful relation with her dad. His dad remained busy but somehow he gave up the 10 Million dollars for her daughter for 1 day. They would go fishing together or play soccer, something which she aced or they would just lie around the big fireplace, that her mother bragged to every one of her friends and how it was designed in Italy. They would talk about what they missed in each other’s life and talk about small- small things. She was mean, rude and lived life at her own terms but when it came to her dad, she was as soft as molten wax.

She used to call her dad ‘Finn’ a nickname which she had given him at the age of  5, when they had gone to watch Nemo together and the only thing she understood was  ‘fin’ of a ‘fifh’ and even now ‘Finn” laughs ridiculously at the memories he had collected in the past years. It was an extraordinary father-daughter reaction, something she was proud of, so much.

She touched her coat and started sobbing even more , not caring who was standing in front of her, why he was standing there at the first place? To get laid? To console her?

Seeing her breaking down like this Leo panicked that if his presence had made her cry, tears flew down her cheeks at an incredible rate and he didn’t knew what to do. He couldn’t stand girls who cried at little things but a girl at this time of night wouldn’t be sitting here if it wasn’t something big. He glared at her, as her grip tightened on the wood box that she held in her hands like it stored her kidney or something. he curled his nose at the thought and realized that there was a girl sitting there and she would think that he curled the nose because of her but it didn’t looked like she gave a shit.

He gazed at her and thought of something to say to her. He never had problem in talking with girls, just few compliments on their look and skinny dressed and they would float on the seventh heaven not that he didn't liked girls showing their legs and cleavage but somehow he didn’t like them too.  he had went to playboy parties many times, flew in and out of cape town, had nights of his life but still he wasn’t happy.

“What’s your name?” he asked, saying something which came to his mind instantly.

She didn’t said anything, he didn’t wanted any helping hands and moreover she had forgotten the joy of talking and laughing. Leo waited for an answer. He had never been so polite, but now he was going crazy.

He grazed up at the thousand stars and spotted a bunch of constellations and stars, he knew the name of. Stars were something he found interesting, they didn’t talk or demanded anything but had their own way of attracting people towards them. He wanted to be a astronaut, something his heart beat for, he never found any other reasons to live. he lived through his life thinking that one day he will surely run away and touch the stars for real

“MY JAG!!” Rio shouted from behind and Cedric continued to laugh at his condition. Leo turned his head around to see his lunatic friends, Rio hugged his Jaguar and Cedric put his whole weight on the gate of the car.

“There are only 33 in this world or something” Rio said to Cedric and eyed him with anger.

“cmon man leave it, it’s just a small dent, it will get repaired and moreover the girls are waiting” Cedric said and imagined all the girls he would kiss tonight. Rio wanted to kick Cedric’s ass for being such a asshole.

Leo turned his head around to see at the girl who was so afraid to even tell her name. He had never met a girl who was so intriguing and just her one look, felt like she was seeing through him with her eyes.

He looked there at the empty bench and the girl who was gone with the wind.