Chapter 3 - One Blood.

When we got home, it was almost as if nothing happened. Isaiah his his gun and mask in the glove compartment of his car so that his mom wouldn't question it when he got home. When we walked inside, we seen Noah sitting inside of the living room. He was watching the show 'Malcolm in the Middle'.

"Sup?" Isaiah smiled as he shut the door, shoving his brother on the back of his head.

"Mama was worried about you." Noah groaned as he turned the TV up. "Where have you been?"

"Mama always worryin' about me when she know that I stay out late err' night." Isaiah snarled as he sat down on the couch. "She worry about everything."

"Well, it's all love." Noah said as she looked at him. "You need to be lucky that mama do care about you because it's a lot of nigga's out here with halfway mama's and shit."

"Yeah yeah.." Isaiah sighed, not listening to him as he kicked his feet up on the couch.

Noah looked at me, then placed a small smile onto his face.

"What's up, Josh. You been good?" Noah smiled. "How's that college app been?"

"Good. I talked to my mom about it today." I smiled back. "I should be in in about a week."

"That's good." Noah nodded. "It's good for us black men to be doing something out here."

As we shifted their attention onto the TV, I seen a home that looked familiar.

It was the home that we just got back from.

"Here on the news tonight, a triple homicide in the gatewood's homes right down the end of 53'rd avenue." The news lady said. "Police responded to a call about numerous gunshots in the middle of the night around 11:38pm. When they arrived, they found a thirteen year old boy at the scene along with his mother and his father. They were dead on the scene. Police said that the killers didn't leave a SINGLE trace at the scene. If you have any information, please call the hotline below."

"Tssss." Noah said as he shook his head. "Boy oh boy.......news like this ain't even shocking anymore."

My heart started to race. I was a witness to this murder and it was all over the news. It felt like at any second, the police would come banging down the door to arrest us. I'd never seen anyone get killed before, so this was all new. Suddenly, Noah's cell phone started to ring upstairs. He took a deep breath, then started making his way up there. When I looked at Isaiah, I could see the look in his face that indicated one thing.

Arrogance. Arrogance, and happiness.

Isaiah was beyond proud of what he'd done. There wasn't an ounce of sorrow, grief, remorse, or regret. As the 13 year old boys picture flashed on screen, Isaiah tilted his head back and started cracking up. I on the other hand, wasn't laughing.

"What's so funny?" I snarled.

"Okay okay it's not that funny but the shit is a little funny to me.." Isaiah laughed. "I wasn't gone kill that little boy but aye, I thought that he was his daddy or some shit.."

"What if we get caught, nigga?" I snarled in a low tone.

"Please. This ain't my first hit." Isaiah laughed. "Plus, they don't investigate crimes 'round here. Them white puss ass police officers don't give a shit about us."

I couldn't adjust to what I'd just seen. The look on the little boys lifeless face after getting shot numerous times just gave me chills of how ruthless and unforgettable that death was.

But for Isaiah, it was just a another day.

Meanwhile, Noah jogged upstairs to his cell phone. When he glanced at it, he seen that it was his counselor calling. He placed a large smile on his face, quickly answering the phone.