Chapter 39 - "Stay Here."

When Isaiah arrived back at the house around midnight, he quickly slipped his shoes off and rushed upstairs. He wet up a warm washcloth and laid Kayson down on the obed, placing it on his scar to prevent him from getting any type of germs.

"Eh." Kayson squealed a little, jumping from the pain.

"I know, Kays. I know." Isaiah murmured as he pat his face a few more times. "Let me just get the blood off and daddy gone be finished."

Isaiah wiped the blood off around the scar, then placed the washcloth to the side and started placing on Kayson's pajamas, making a quick bottle with some room temperature bottled water. Isaiah cradled Kayson and started feeding him, looking down at him and placing his chin on the bottom of his bottle.

"I'm really trying to change, Kays. I really am." Isaiah said in a serious tone. "You know that I am because had Tyler not been there, I would've blown that niggas cap straight through his walls for knocking you down like that."

As Kayson gulped on his bottle and stared wondrously up at Isaiah, his phone rang. It was Tyler.

"Hello?" Isaiah snarled.

"Hey Isaiah I'm.........I'm sorry about what happened..." Tyler said in a low tone.

"Where is yo' daddy?"

"Asleep." Tyler whispered. "I'm downstairs."

Isaiah sighed and shook his head, looking up at his cut down TV.

"I ain't mean to pull no gun on yo' pops but he almost made me drop Kayson down the stairs." Isaiah growled. "If that wasn't yo' father I would've split that niggas wig all the way back. My son could've died."

"And for that, I apologize." Tyler sighed. "My father was being a complete dick."

Isaiah paused for a second, looking down to see how much of Kayson's bottle was gone. He leaned back up and sighed again, looking at his tv.

"Why don't you come and stay with me, Ty?" Isaiah snarled. "I told you I'd have us set out here."

"Isaiah, I can't stay out in Schaefer. It's too scary." Tyler groaned. "Plus, I doubt that my father is going to let me do anything after what happened today."

"He always talkin' about letting you make yo' own decisions but got a leash on you." Isaiah growled. "He need to let you do whatever the hell YOU want."

"And what I want to do is move with my family." Tyler continued. "I don't want to be too far away from them, anyway."

Isaiah shook his head. He could read all through Tyler and tell that what she was saying wasn't the truth.

"I know that ain't where you wanna be, Ty. I know you." Isaiah said. "But whatever. It's yo' decision."

"Yeah uh......let me call you back before my father catches me." Tyler sighed. "I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Bye." Isaiah snarled.

"Bye."

Isaiah didn't really feel like talking because he wasn't in a good mood, so he finished burping Kayson before heading off to bed with him.

The next day, I arrived to class only to see Tyler in a fucked up mood. When I asked her what was wrong, she assured me that she was fine. However, I knew it was a lie. Tyler wasn't all "bubbly" or anything like she usually was. Mr. Umlauf had us watch a movie on the JFK conspiracy, which would be our next assignment. As the movie came to a close, the teacher started passing us back a couple of our essays. When I looked down at my two papers, I seen a 73% and a %75 percent. I still hadn't received over a B on any of the assignments I did.