The Silence Before Storm

Leo

I was standing at the beach, twirling fire with forefinger. However my gaze was concentrated at the vast expansion of water ahead of me. After that small visit to the past, no one was in the mood to talk or discuss about it. I couldn't say for what reason we were ashamed of. Sometimes I really hated my gift. Fire had it's benefits. But every gift comes with a price....

I stopped playing with the fire. It was almost mid-day. I threw a small fist sized rock into the sea. I was about to return to my cabin, when suddenly I saw that same rock hurtling from beneath water and got past me. I whirled around to see........

"Percy?", I said half -heartedly. He was holding the rock in his right hand. I remembered the time when we were showing off our powers during our search for Nike. I couldn't remember the name of that place.

The corners of his mouth twitched very little. It was never difficult for Percy to smile in tough conditions, but now......

He started walking and stood by my side, gazing into the sea. He said nothing. What to say? I also remained silent. We were standing together for sometime silently.

"It's an irony, isn't it?", Percy asked suddenly.

"oh...umm... What? ", I stammered. I didn't understood his question. What was he thinking? ,"What is ironic? "

"We..standing together. ", Percy answered.

Oh....We.... Did he mean fire and water?

"Yeah, kind of. " I said. I was looking at the sea and so did he. "Fire.....", I went on," Others think my power over fire is cool. They don't understand, fire can not be handled easily. "

Percy said nothing. I sighed.

"Fire can give only sorrow and a bad fate for monsters and also.........others. ", I said without looking at him. "Water must not be that difficult. It gives freshness, life, and many more things. "

"Maybe you are right.", Percy said," Fire has it's own advantage. Fire was a gift given to the humanity by a Titan. Without it, we would be in the stone age right now. "

"But it also kills. In a way much more harsher way than water." I counteract him.

"What will happen if water and fire work together? "

That was an unexpected question. "Oh fire will be extinguished. " I answered.

He chuckled darkly," silly. It's true that water has a main role in human's or demigod's lives. Without it, we are dead. But....."

"But what? " I asked.

"Nothing.", Percy said.

Something was there. He was hiding something. He was still gazing intently at water in front. I tried to deduce something, but failed. Percy had become very unreadable.

I asked," You are hiding something. Aren't you? "

Again he didn't answer. Just stood like a granite statue. Suddenly, I became afraid ........of something...... like something unpleasant was going to happen. But what?

I clutched his shoulder and turned him so that we became face to face. Still he showed no emotion, his face solid granite. I shuddered. I gulped down my fear and screamed at him, " What is it?"

We were staring into each other eyes. Finally he opened his mouth, " I am sorry......... Leo."

"What? Why?", I was becoming impatient. He was getting into my nerves.

He sighed, " Leo..... I....".

Suddenly water exploded from the sea shore and from there came three very large monsters......

So, here's an another chapter.

I apologize if I am doing some grammar mistakes.

Please do vote, comment and share.

And please do tell me my mistakes.

I am very grateful to you all readers.

With regards,

ruks145