The Answer

Jason's pov

"I think I can go to Percy. Maybe get some information", Annabeth got up from her chair.

"I don't think he will be helpful in giving information, especially to you", I pointed out.

"So, what are you suggesting? ", Annabeth asked.

"Let me go first", I answered. I went straight to the attic where Percy had been kept under arrest. Before opening the gate, I hesitated for a second, then unlocked the door and moved inside. The room was very dark. So, it was difficult to focus at him clearly. But it was not impossible too. He was lying in the ground with his back towards me.

I went closer and knelt down in one knee. "Percy?" He didn't respond. "Percy? " Was he sleeping? I called his name one more time. He was not responding. Carefully, I put my hand over his shoulder. Despite what Percy did to us, I couldn't think of hurting him. I was very much angry with him. I wanted revenge. But I never wanted to attack someone behind his back. I shook him slightly.

He got up so fast, I almost fell backwards. He was breathing heavily.

Percy said, "Do not touch me".

"I was not planning to. Tell me one thing about how to prove ourselves as true ones", I asked.

He grinned like a maniac. "Go figure".

"Percy, I swear if you will not tell me then I'll kill you".

"Please go on". He was still smiling.

"Don't you think you have done more than enough to torture us? Today was the final blow. Everyone wants to kill you on first sight. And with you in chains, it will not be difficult. Come on. I don't understand why are you doing this to us? " I tried to persuade him. However I had this feeling that he will not be helping us.

He chuckled. "I am not going to tell you anything. I will have my revenge. Go. Tell Zeus that this time he will lose".

Revenge? What was he talking about? Was this true that Zeus cursed him? And why Chiron was so angry around Percy? If only Percy could talk in simple English? "Listen Percy. You must have been mistaken. Zeus can not do that to you".

I could see his mind running. He was thinking about something. I waited for his answer. Then he leaned against prison bars. "Why shall I help you? You bring me here. You made me think as your enemy. Let me go and you will see what I can do to you".

I slammed my fist against the bars. "You are not making this easy".

"No".

"Tell me how to prove ourselves as real ones? Percy, if I found out that my Piper had died, then you cannot imagine what I will do to you".

He closed his eyes. "Look at yourself".

"What? "

"I told you. Now get out of here".

I couldn't believe Percy actually answered. "If this is a joke... "

"Go. Find out if Piper is alive or not. Then bring her here to torture me".

I tried to control myself into busting him with my gladius. Seeing not another answer from him, I turned and walked out of the room.

As I made my way back to the Big House I saw others were silent, not even looking at each other. I sighed. I directly went inside and sat beside Leo. He was tinkering with his tools.

Leo asked, "Any luck?"

I told them about my conversation with Percy. "He said something about looking at myself. Whatever that means".