The Faking Death

Frank

We were surrounding him with awkward silence. Will did his failed attempts of waking Percy up. Chiron was standing out. I smiled just a little. No matter how much Percy Jackson changed, all of us still cared for him. I could see in Annabeth's eyes.... In every other camper's eyes.

Percy was sweating hard and his breathing had slowed down. Around his neck, a deep cut was there from where blood spilled out. Will had already applied some ambrosia over it and bandaged. For almost one and half hours, he was unconscious or asleep. It was hard to know.

Many campers who didn't know about Percy much, had already left. As I was standing here behind others. I thought about that little conversation with Percy in the woods. He said that he didn't want Annabeth in his life. I thought that maybe someone else had come in his life. But the way he answered, he denied my theory. Still I could see the same love for Annabeth in his eyes. There must be a reason behind all his actions, but what. ?...

Suddenly Will held up his hand, catching our attention. He said, "Percy is waking".

Leo whistled. Jason nodded in approval. I looked at Hazel. She sighed. But Annabeth got up and started going out of the room. I stopped her, "Where are you going? "

It seemed to me that Annabeth wanted to say something else, but she sighed and replied, "It's time for me to teach Greek lessons to new campers. I can't waste my time".

"Oh...ok", Only this much I could say. If Percy didn't want Annabeth near him, how could I help it? I understood there is no meaning in stopping her further. So I shifted aside and she left. Others were also feeling awkward. Jason clenched his jaw in annoyance.

Percy opened his eyes and looked around for few seconds. Then he noticed bandages around his neck. He raised his hand and grabbed the bandage trying to pull it out. Will interrupted him,"You'll get hurt. Stop".

" No. It's irritating. Take it out please. I am not hurt", Percy answered.

Will looked at all of us. Waiting for our reaction. Jason said, "Do what he says". Reluctantly Will opened the bandages. We heard low trotting voices from behind. Chiron had also come inside. Chiron asked, "What do we have here?" Percy gave a big flashy smile to Chiron. In response, Chiron glared at him. When Will had finally opened all bandages, he gasped, "What? "

"What happened Will?", Piper asked.

"His .... His injured neck .....", Will was answering.

"...is totally fine?", Percy interrupted, "Yeah, and I think I am not dead too.... which is a good thing, isn't it? "

Tyson hugged him, "I am so happy to find that you are alive".

"I am also..", Percy replied.

I couldn't help but smile. Then I heard another voice, "I want to hug you too". We shifted around to see a little girl. She had her hands folded around her chest. Percy asked her to come to him. She went straight and sat over his lap. Percy patted her hair. "Lilly, are you ok?"

She nodded her head and said, "Why you want to die every time? "

Percy thought for a while and answered, "I don't know".

"You are so careless? ", Lilly was getting angry.

We watched the scene with amusement. Percy was caught. He said, "Ummm.... I.. Oh... Careless.... Yes... Umm maybe".

Lilly rolled her eyes, "Kelp head!"

Percy laughed at that. All of us were smiling. Not wanting to interfere. Chiron asked, "What actually happened? "

"Mist", Percy answered.

"Mist?", Lou Ellen asked.

"Actually, mist has been used to fake my death", Percy explained.

"Who did this?", Piper asked.

"I can't say. Names have powers", Percy said.

"Will you kindly explain, what is happening? ", Leo asked.

Percy thought for a while, then answered, "I will tell you everything you need to know. But not today. Take your time, rest. Do your works. Tomorrow.... ", He looked at all of us, "We will have war council".

War council. The word hang in the air like a deadly nightmare. I could feel fear seeping through my heart. Another war, another deaths, another prophecy..... No, till now prophecy had not been delivered.

I asked, "But you were unconscious? "

"I was sleeping".

Damn.... We were freaking out like hell and he was as cool as Antarctica.

This time Jason asked, " Nightmares? "

"Yeah... Tomorrow I will tell you what you need to know", Percy continued, "Any reports from Camp Jupiter? "

"No", I replied.

He was thinking something, holding Atlanta in his lap, he gazed into he-knows-where. He let her go. She moved aside. Percy also stood and said, "I want to be alone today. So I expect no one to interrupt me. Is that clear? " Not a single one answered. He looked at us and left the room.....

So you like this chapter?

kindly vote.

If you want to say something about this chapter, please write it in the comment section.

And if you found my story worth sharing, then you can share.

With regards,

ruks145