Chapter 5 (Part two)

"Cameron," I whispered nearly silently through the tears that seemed to have been streaming down my cheeks. I thought I had managed to stop crying but I guess my eyes were like a never ending water fall. I must've looked terrible. Hell, I felt terrible. I bit onto my bottom lip as I felt him rubbing my back. He whispered something into my shoulder, something sweet because it calmed me down a bit.

"What?" I asked, pulling away from the hug and rubbing the back of my hands against my eyes. A thick black line aligned both of my hands as I looked down at them. He just shook his head.

"Nothing," He whispered. His lips touched my forehead for a moment. "Are you feeling any better?"

He walked me over to the couch. I was too tired to resist the urge to push him away - so I let him. I fell into his side and found myself untangled into him. He kept his arms tightly around me. Just like old times. To be honest, I missed him. I missed him more than anything I've missed before. Well, now excluding Megan, of course. I hated the fact our only reason to break up was because of our schedules. I hated it. I resented it. He did it to protect me and my feelings, I know he did. It didn't take any of the hurt away. It more or less made it worse.

"I'm okay," I said, nodding my head gently as my face buried itself into his chest.

"You're lying," he said with a soft whisper.

"No I'm not," I said sternly. "How am I?"

"Liz," he chuckled slightly. "I know you well enough to know you're 'I'm lying don't believe me' voice." A small smirk came across his tanned face as it wrinked slightly. I looked up at him. I knew a frown was going to come but I tried my hardest not to let it. I shook my head before sitting up.

"Cam, I know you're here only to make sure I'm okay, but you ought to know the truth of that." I said a bit weakly. Something came over me. I didn't know what it was - but it was something large. Something.. Unexplained. Before continuing, my eyes glitched down to the side as I felt tears starting to swell. "I- I'm not okay. I haven't been okay in many years. Ever since Lily.. Ever since we broke up I swear I'm turning back into that.. Into that god forsaken person I used to be. The bitter, and awful and scornful person I do not want to become because I need to be there for Megan. For my twin sister. Someone who I just got my relationship back with not but a few months ago and it's already draining because of her memory loss. Cam, I am so lost. So.. Lost. It's like I can't even breathe. It feels like I'm drowning. Like.. Everything I've ever known is gone. My life, my voice, the air. It's like I'm barely breathing. Waiting on another day for you to come back. Waiting for Megan to come back. Waiting on another day for something that's not going to happen. I can't find the air anywhere even though it's all around me. And the worst part? No one seems to notice it." I let out a loud but shaky laugh as my hands flung themselves into the air. I felt like a boat without a captain - like I was on autopilot and brain wasn't even in control anymore. I felt like a loose cannon that finally exploded. "No one seems to care that I'm practically destroying myself. For heaven's sake, this isn't a movie. There are no lines that are writing any of this but how I wish there was because maybe then I could fast forward to then when everyone is so happy and we're okay and no one is sad or lost or even confused." I looked down to the ground before feeling my legs give out.

"Liz," Cameron said shakily. He must've been in shock because he didn't move. Instead, he sat there before a long sigh escaped his lips. I felt myself curling up over my legs as my hands fell over my face. His arms wrapped tightly around mine as he pulled me gently back over to his chest into a warming hug.

"I'm so sorry," He said before placing a gentle kiss on my temple. "I'm so sorry I haven't been here for you."

I just nodded my head, taking a deep and shaky breath in. The not so happy moment was over when I heard a car door slam. Jumping a bit, I shook myself out of Cameron's arms. Getting up, I walked over to the door and gripped the golden knob.

"Go away!" I heard Megan scream. "Go away, Ryan."

I took a small peak out of the window beside of the door and widened my eyes at the sight; Megan's hair was a complete mess, her shoes were missing as well as her wallet and jacket, and she had a large bruise planted firmly on the side of her face. My eyes widened slightly as Cameron walked over.

"Is that.. 'Ryan'?" He asked, nodding towards the tall man with a muscular body. Unable to speak, I just nodded my head. He opened the door ad walked outside to confront the two. Megan instantly running up to him and hiding behind him.

"What is this stick going to do?" The man shrieked towards them. "Is he going to unleash the leaves and branches upon me?" He let out a loud laugh before throwing something and nearly hitting me with it as it missed both Megan and Cameron.

"Just leave," The smaller brunette said quietly but sternly. "We don't want anymore trouble." He started to inch back towards the door. Megan was gripping onto his arm tightly, almost in a scared way. I stood firmly in the door, ready to pull them in once they were close enough.

"Just give me the girl." The man said, taking a step towards them. His voice started to turn colder, more menacing and almost like he wanted to do something to her. I kept thinking and asking myself why Megan wouldn't just run to me - but then it occurred to me; if she ran, Cameron got hurt or worse, he'd follow her into the house. I grabbed the baseball bat nearby and kept a firm grip on the handle.

"What do you even want with her? She's just an innocent 19 year old who's trying to recover from a car crash that took her memory. Who are you? What do you really want?" Once Megan took the first step up the stairs, Cameron followed suit and they did this until they were at the top. The men let out a bitter laugh.

"She and her sister up there was drivin' through the wrong neighborhood that night. They weren't the only ones to get hurt and trust me - there's many more after the brunette, y'see. That car crash killed many - but they managed to escape. Which is wrong. It's so wrong that they're parading around town lookin' like a bunch of hypocrites when us folks back home are suffering." He had more of a country accent now - whereas before it was normal, plain. How.. Odd. 

"It wasn't their fault. They were hit by a drunk driver." Cameron said. 

"It don't matter. Megan's still going to be killed and Liz'll be lucky to make it alive."

Before I knew it, Cameron plowed through me with Megan intact. He slammed the door shut as loud knocks instantly started to shudder through out the entire house. Locking it and pushing the dark cabinet in front of the door, he turned to is. He had that look that only meant one thing was coming.

Running.

And a lot of it.

- Ryan's POV- 

"Mom," I whined lightly, sitting down at the kitchen table a few morning's after the incident on stage. 

"Ryan," She said, almost demanding. "You're going to eat this. You need to eat this." 

I let out another loud, long whine. Julianne walked into the room and smacked the upside of my head. With a roll of her eyes, she looked at me and said, "Just eat it, ya boob."

I looked at the small piece of toast before rubbing the back of my head. "You have a hard hand." 

"You have a hard head." She remarked, raising her eyebrows highly. My mom let out a snicker before her arms crossed her chest sternly.

"Ryan Keith. Eat the piece of toast and then you can go back to bed and sulk." 

For a moment, I just sat there. I stared at the piece of burnt bread before finally giving in and taking a large bite out of it. 

"Are you happy now?" I asked with a scoff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan's part is not too long - sorry! I don't wanna give Chapter 6 away too much. ;)

Hiii, guys! I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who's read the first book (Why Don't You Love Me) and is reading this book. It means the world to me and so do your comments. Really, it does. I'm so sorry I'm horrible at updating, as well. IF you could, take a moment and follow my twitter (@vivoirwin) and my tumblr (ryanf0llese) it would also mean the world. I'll follow back if you tell me you're from here! xx

- Meggless21