Chapter 6

Adrienne just nodded her head and glanced towards me with a smile. Picking the plate off of the table, I stayed slightly more quiet. I wasn't hungry; but for some reason neither my mother nor my sister could understand that. Jamie couldn't even understand that. Though it did bother me, I couldn't let it stop me from doing whatever I wanted to do in my life - but Megan, I couldn't get her off of my mind. Not that I would tell anyone that but I do miss her, and I hope she's happy. I constantly wonder about her; where she is, what she's doing and how she's been. Does she have her memory back or is she learning to walk all over again still. I supposed I could call Liz or even Cameron, but what would they tell me and why would they even consider telling me a single damn thing about her. Hell, if I were them I wouldn't even tell me. It is my fault she's like this, isn't it?

According to Popstar Magazine, "Ryan Follese and Megan Mace call it quits due to Ryan's drinking and cheating behavior." Whatever. I didn't cheat. I know I didn't. Morgan kissed me.. She's the one who started all of this and she's the one who should be being punished. Not me, not Megan, but her.

Slowly finishing off the last bite of toast, I placed my plate into the sink and rinsed it. I looked out of the window, a small smile forming across my taunt face as a memory came into my mind.

It was last summer, we had the chance to go back home for a while. I was dating Megan. In fact, it was our some month anniversary, a few months before the accident where instead of an ocean of useless shit, it was calm and collected. It was one of the most invigorating days of my life. I could remember every detail exactly as it was - like a picture. Nothing was missing, empty or even just blanked out. I sighed heavily as I finished the plate and headed over to the living room. For some reason, I couldn't get the day of my head.

Megan was sitting in the couch in front of me, playing a new song she had written. Honestly, it was one of her better ones. I couldn't quite remember the lyrics, but I could remember her smile. It was wide, proud even. She tilted her head to the side as she cleared her throat.

"How was it?" She asked, holding the neck of the guitar up to her chest.

"It was great," I said with a soft smile. I leaned forward and pressed a kiss to her lips happily. "It's my favorite,"

"You say that about all of them," She argued with a roll of her eyes.

"Maybe all of them are my favorites," I answered swiftly, taking a large sip of my lemonade. I tilted my head to the side to look at her once again. She was truly beautiful. I couldn't help but to fall more in love with her.

"You're an ass, Ry," She punched my upper arm gently before laughing. "I love you."

"I know," I smirked, rubbing where she hit.

In reality, I could hear my mom and sister arguing over whose turn it was to wash the dishes; mine or hers. It was obviously hers. I did them last night, the night before, the night before that and even the night before that. I snapped out of the day dream when I heard the front door open. I looked over to it and saw Nash. With a raised eyebrow, I got up and walked over to him.

"Hey," I said, my eyebrow still raised. "What're you doing here?"

"What, can't a friend visit a friend anymore?" He snorted, punching my arm in the same spot Megan did in the vision. "You, me and Jamie have a meeting, remember?" He raised his eyebrows. I nearly forgot why he didn't mention Ian. He had left the band due to 'personal reasons' which more or less meant he wanted to explore more opportunities within himself. It was fine with us so long as he was happy. We could find a new bassist, but none would quite fit Ian's role. I glanced back at my mother as she gave an approving head nod and swiftly grabbed my jacket.