Chapter 7

Megan's POV

"Are we almost done running?!" I groaned, a pain in my side as we reached what seemed to be the fifth mile of running through a dense and hot woods like area. It was increasingly hotter with each step and my head felt like it was going to explode. I could feel my heartbeat beating through my temples. Groaning again, I tried to catch up with them.

"Guys!" I screamed a bit. I was so frustrated, still am. No one wanted to give me answers. Who was this 'Ryan' person and who was this other Ryan, what he wanted, how he knew me, what he was and, lastly, where on earth where we going. We were already in what felt like Satan's office.

"Fuck," I said, finally sitting down on a large log as the pain grew. Cameron and Liz finally stopped, glancing back at me. I placed my hand on my hip and raised an eyebrow.

"We need to keep moving, Megan.." Liz said with a sigh as she walked over to me. "We're almost there."

"Almost where?!" I laughed a bit, raising my eyebrow a bit higher at her. I've asked the same question for ever two hours. If I didn't get an answer, I will actually scream bloody murder here and now. I hated secrets. I literally hated secrets. I just wanted answers from someone and I was not going to move from this log until they handed them over.

"The log house." She said softly, rubbing my back. She looped her arm through my smaller and still quite weak one and forced me to stand up. Her other arm wrapped around my waist and together we started to walk. Well, she walked and I more or less shuffled my feet, whined and leaned against her. I felt so heavy, even to myself. I felt like a deadweight. I sighed quietly as my headache grew.

"The log house? That's a myth, Liz." I stated, sighing a bit. She shook her head. Her blonde hair bounced in the wind as she turned to face me.

"Cameron found it while you were in the hospital. It was a bit after this person showed up in your room. He said he felt threatened by him the moment he saw him. Therefore making him a threat to you. He wanted a back up plan, a safe haven." She looked over towards Cameron, who was somewhat further ahead. "I know it's been a myth to us, but it does exist."

"Isn't it haunted?"

"Probably," Liz laughed shortly, poking my side gently with her nail.

After a while, I glanced up at a rather large house sitting, just sitting, in the middle of an open field. It was old looking. It had vines growing around the roof and through the shutters but I'd suppose it would've done for whatever they were trying to do for me. Liz's grasp let go and I stood up right. I limped over to the shattered mess of a house. It looked eerie up close. The windows looked shattered, torn and old. The front door screen was nearly torn off of the hinges. I let out a small laugh as my arms wrapped around my stomach.

"And this is supposed to be a safe heaven." I stated. I heard Cameron's stuff laugh.

"Dually noted." He raised his thumb at me in agreement then gently walked over. His hand placed against my back in a comforting way. I sighed quietly as I shook my head.

"Why are we here?" I asked, this time more quiet. Liz was looking for a way to open the door. "Seriously. You guys want me to be apart of society yet you're blatantly taking me away from it."

"Have you heard the myth on this house?" Cameron asked, yet again avoiding my question. I growled lowly but decided against a bad attitude. I looked at him then huffed as my head went back and fourth. I probably have, but my memory serves me up until eleventh grade when I lived with the Wicked Witch of The West and when Liz was her minion.

"Well," he said, taking a seat down on the front step. He patted a spot next to him.

"It's dirty," I said, pushing my hip out to the side.