Ch4: Show us what you got

Riley's POV

I woke up in my new bedroom at S.H.I.E.L.D. and got ready for my first day of "training". I don't need training and they know that. They just want to see what I can do and get me familiar with protocol. My new room was much nicer than my old cell. It was a decent size, had a double bed in the corner with black and purple sheets (my favourite colours), a desk in the corner of the room in front of a window and a small ensuite bathroom. I looked in the closet and put on a purple S.H.I.E.L.D. sleeveless top, black skinny jeans and a sleeveless leather jacket. I put on an arrow bracelet and a bow and arrow necklace before I got my combat boots from beside the door (A/N: Above pic). I heard a knock at the door and walked over to it. I opened the door to see Phil again. He smiled at me and I smiled back, he has been very kind to me since I joined. He has treated me like family and I felt like I could trust him. "Good morning, Riley. I'm here to take you to the training gym, are you ready?" "Yep, I'm coming." I grabbed Holly and my quiver of arrows before I closed the door.

I walked beside Phil as we walked down the corridor. I thought back to when he saved me from that place. "Hey, Phil?" "Yeah, Riley?" he looked down at me to show he was listening. He was a bit taller than me, I'm small but strong. "I just wanted to thank you for saving me back in... that place." I smiled up at him. I hope he realises how much I appreciate him. "You don't have to thank me Riles, I'm just happy we got to you in time." he gave me a pat on the back and I grinned, he really reminds me of an uncle. Maybe I should call him Uncle Phil from now on. We arrived at the training room. It was filled with gym equipment like punching bags, targets and mats in the middle of the room. My dad and Nat were already in the room. "Okay, Riley, We are going to start with your hand to hand combat skills. Nat here is going to spar with you, nothing more. You got that?" asked dad and I nodded. Fight, don't kill or mortally harm her. I walked up to the mat and stood in front of Natasha. I gave her a look to say don't go easy on me, she knows I'm not a normal teenaged girl.

We took up our fighting stances and I analysed her. She is right handed as she definitely favours it, she doesn't show weakness very much but she seems to put more weight on her left foot than the right, supposedly so she can kick quicker but it is also a weak spot that she doesn't seem to notice. She approached me first, aiming a fist to my left shoulder as, like my dad, I'm left handed. I dodged, grabbed her right arm and kicked her left from under her. She fell down but quickly got up. She tried to kick my feet from under me but I somersaulted backwards, kicking her in the chest, sending her back in the process. I wasn't lying about my skill level, just wait until I have my knives and bow. We kept sparring and the session ended with me on top of Natasha, who was in a head lock. "You weren't kidding when they said they trained you harder." She chuckled as I let her up. In other circumstances, she would be pissed but I think she was happy she had found her match who was an ally. "Okay, let's check out your archery skills." Dad smirked at me.

I took Holly off of my back and walked up to the target. "We are going to record how many arrows you can fire a minute and your accuracy." I am soooo going to ace this. I took an arrow from my quiver and prepared to fire. Dad gave me the signal to start and I fired at my top speed. I had an accurate shot each time. Once he had stopped the timer, I had shot 37 arrows in the centre of the target. "Wow, kiddo. Your just as good as your old man." He teased me, ruffling my hair. "Okay, now you have to show us if you have any other specialities; guns-man or any other weapon specialist, that kind of idea." Nat listed off some examples. I do well with a lot of weapons but if I had to choose one, it would most definitely be knives; throwing knives, hidden blades, butcher knives, you name it. I walked over to the weapons rack and took out a few throwing knives.

Approaching the target boards, I threw the knives so fast, they were a blur of silver before hitting the centre every time. I then showed my skills by fighting with a combat knife, ending up with Nat on the ground, defenceless with a knife to her throat, then once again but with a hidden blade (which is one of my favourites). "Well, looks like you can handle yourself." She said to me as I gave her a hand up. "I can also handle other weapons but archery, hand-to-hand combat and knives are my specialty." I informed them as I smiled at the two, I finally felt at home and welcome instead of a project or lab-made monster. My Dad and Nat were called to see Fury so I continued to train once they left. I shot a few more arrows at the targets, always hitting between where their eyes would be. I could hear someone attempting to sneak up on me but they weren't that quiet, so it wasn't Nat or Dad.

I span around with my Holly raised and drawn back arrow. I saw an African-American boy about my age. He was tall, had short dark hair and a cheeky grin with perfect white teeth. "Woah there, Katniss, just came to say hi." The nickname was annoying but the newcomer didn't seem bad, not that I was going to let my guard down. "You know, it's not smart to try to sneak up on an assassin, Agent..." I trailed off as I waited for his name. He smiled at me and something about it calmed me. "The names Scott, m'lady."

A/N: Yay, new chapter. Who is this Scott guy and what does he want? What did Fury want Natasha and Clint for? Find out soon enough. Hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next one :3