Ch8: Compromised

Riley's POV

Once again, I woke up in the helicarriers infirmary. I really need to stop passing out. Then reality hit me like a helicarrier. He's gone. I finally found him after all these years and a psychotic Asgardian bastard stole him from me. I was slowly breaking from the inside out but I had to keep going. I have to find him. Now. Just then, Scott walked into the room. He stopped, looking surprised when he saw me awake already. He carried some bluebells with him. "Hey, how are you feeling?" his voice was filled with worry. He knew what I've been through, few people do but I trust him and that isn't something I give away easily. Only Nat, Dad, Phil and Scott had my full trust. "Physically, I feel fine. Mentilly, like shit." I sighed at the thought of my dad being controlled like a marionette. "We'll get him back, Riles, don't worry." "He was right there and all I could do was watch, just like with my mom..." Why didn't I do anything? Am I really that worthless? My sanity was breaking away chip by chip. "It wasn't your fault, at least you stood your ground against them. I would be no match for them." he comforted me.

We sat in silence for a few minutes until I remembered the bluebells. "How did you know my favourite flower?" I smiled up at him. They were beautiful, I didn't even know you could get them around here. He blushed as he answered, "Just a lucky guess..." It was adorable when he gets embarrassed. "Thanks Scott, I love them." I thought back to the cube and Loki. They must be tracking it by now right? "Hey, Scott? I shot a tracker arrow at the car before passing out, could you track it?" "We tracked for about 90 miles but it stopped. When we got there, they had abandoned the vehicle. We are now searching cameras world wide for facial recognition." he answered me. I had decided. I sat up, my shoulder burning and got out of bed. "Riley, you can't! Your shoulder was really badly injured. You have to-" "I'm not waiting here while my Dad is missing. The longer we wait, the further away they get." I retorted. "But-" "No 'but's. He would do the same for me... I'm not loosing him again..." That shut him up.

After I changed back into my uniform in the bathroom, I marched down to the bridge with Scott following suit. "Riley what are you doing here?" asked Phil as I approached. "Uncle Phil, you know I can't sit this one out so just brief me on what to do." I got strait to the point. He smirked, "Very well then. Director Fury wants us to gather a group of advanced human beings to take down Loki," He handed me a tablet with three files on them; Dr Bruce Banner - The Hulk, Tony Stark - Ironman, Steve Rodgers - Captain America. I looked through the information on each as he continued, "You and Romanoff are to bring in Banner while Scott and I get Stark. The Director will get Rodgers himself." He looked disappointed with the last part and I smirked. I knew all too well about his obsession over the great Captain America. "Does Nat know what happened yet?" I questioned out of curiosity. "Not yet, I was just about to call her. She's still on a mission in Russia, you know the details." He brought out his phone and called her number, putting it on speaker.

A Russian man answered and passed us onto his boss, "Вы внимательно слушать..." (You listen carefully...) He demanded but I didn't care. Luckily, the Red Room taught me Russian along with French, German, Indian, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish and Japanese. . A good assassin must be able to keep their cover and it kind of sticks with you if you get burned when answering wrongly. "Вы в 1-14 Силенской Plaza, 3-й этаж .У нас есть F- 22 ровно восемь миль .Помещенный женщина по телефону или вы будете мертвы , прежде чем вы можете сделать вестибюль ." (You're at 1-14 Silensky Plaza, 3rd floor. We have an F-22 exactly eight miles out. Put the woman on the phone or you will be dead before you can make the lobby.) Silence greeted me from the other side until Natasha finally answered the phone. "We need you to come in." ordered Phil. "Are you kidding? I'm working." "This takes procedure." "I'm in the middle of an interrogation, this moron is giving me everything. Look, you can't pull me out of this right now." She seemed to have made up her mind so I stepped in. "Nat... Dad's been compromised..."

There was a moment of silence before she said in a grim tone, "Let me put you on hold." Next we heard was a lot of groaning, crashing and yells of agony. Nat was like a big sister or aunt to me and I knew, like me, she would stop at nothing to find him. Once the racket died down, she picked the phone back up, "Where is Barton now?" "We don't know." I admitted. "But he's alive? Is Riley okay?" I bowed my head at the question and Phil gave me a sympathetic look before answering, "We think so and I'll get back to you on the last part. We'll brief you on everything when you get back but fist, we need you and Riley to talk to the big guy." "Coulson, you know Stark trusts me about as far as he can through me and you know he'll just be an arse to Riley." she sounded sceptical. I don't know her past with Stark but he must have a lot of trust issues now. "Oh, Scott and I have got Stark. You two get the big guy." All we got as a reply was a Russian swear but I'm to lazy to translate. After hanging up, Phil told me the strategy for how Nat and I would convince Banner. Most of it relied on me being able to convince him that I am a local with a sick father. In other words, I'm doing all the heavy work but that doesn't matter. As long as the result was my father coming back, so be it. Next stop, India.

A/N: Hey there! hope you aren't made that the story is taking part in the MCU but I have great plans for the characters. Also, sorry to any Russian speakers. I do not know the language so I had to use google translate and we all know what a mess that is. Hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next chapter :3