Chapter Eight

Megan’s POV

It’s been a little over three months since the incident with Harry. Three months since I last spoke to him or any of my old friends. And three months since Josh and I had sex. He’s officially done touring, but he’s been really busy lately. He and his band are in the studio a lot recording their next album. And I’m really happy for them, I just miss seeing him. And when I do see him he doesn’t acknowledge me much. I feel like I’m just living with a roommate and not a boyfriend.

Today is an off day for Josh and I’m pretty excited. I really do miss spending time with him, even if he doesn’t feel the same. I see him sitting on the sofa, eating some crisps and watching tv. I walk over to him and place my arms around his neck, planting my lips on his cheek.

“Hey babe.” I kiss his cheek again, before taking a seat next to him.

“Hey.”

“So I was thinking maybe we could do something today.” I grin, but Josh keeps a scowl on his face.

“Like what?”

“I don’t know. Maybe go to the park or cinema?” I shrug and he rolls his eyes.

“I don’t really feel like doing anything today Megan. You know I had a long day at the studio yesterday.”

“Of course. How could I not know. You come in at all hours of the night.” I raise my voice and stand from the couch.

“I don’t have a choice! It’s what my job entails.”

“You did have a choice Josh. You’re the one that wanted to pursue the life of a drummer.” I sigh and he stands from the sofa.

“I did. And you chose to support me throughout the entire thing. So don’t try to complain  about the lifestyle now Megan.”

“I’m not complaining Josh. I just wish you would try to find the balance of having your career and having me as your girlfriend.”

“Do you not think I’m trying to do that. I’m sorry that I’m always tired. And that I don’t see you as much as you would like but this is my job. This is what helps pay our bills, Megan. And it makes me happy.” Josh sighs and sits back on the couch.

“Do I not make you happy?”

“Oh god.” He groans and throws his hands up in the air. “Seriously?”

“What? Answer my question. Do I not make you happy? Is that why you’re always at the studio? So you can get away from me?” I feel the tears forming, but push them back.

“Why do you always do this Megan? You always start a fight with me, for no reason. I don’t understand it! How the hell can you turn an argument about me not wanting to go to the cinema, to me not wanting to be with you?”

“You still haven’t answered my question.” I whisper and Josh finally looks at me.

“Of course you make me happy Megan.” He gives me a smile, but I can see something in his eyes. Doubt. “So what about me?”

“What?”

“Do I make you happy Megan? I just have to ask seeing that Harry is back in town and all.” Josh shrugs and looks back at the tele.

“Are you kidding me right now?”

“What? I can’t ask you questions? You can ask me every question in the goddamn book, but when I do the same you get all defensive. Oh and you still haven’t answered my question.” He cocks an eyebrow at me, and uses a voice that is supposed to be mine for the last sentence.