Chapter Twenty-One

Megan’s POV

“Did you take your vitamins?” Nicole speaks and I roll my eyes.

“Yes, mom.”

She laughs and pours herself some coffee.

“What time is your appointment?”

“Uh I scheduled it during my lunch break, so I could just take a half day.” I shrug and she nods.

“Are you excited?”

“Yeah. A little nervous too.” I sigh rubbing my stomach.

“Why?”

“Because I just want things to go well you know.”

“You want a girl.” Nicole grins, rubbing my tummy.

“Well yeah, but it doesn’t matter much to me. As long as the baby is healthy I will be happy.”

“She will be.” Nic smiles at me. “I have to go, but I will see you later when I get off?”

“Yup!” I wave at her before collecting my things and heading to work.

My day passes by quickly. My underclassmen drama classes are always the easiest. They don’t do much. Just some worksheets and maybe a few monologues. I have to leave before my advanced class for my appointment. It sucks slightly. Especially with the play coming up so soon. But they all understand.

When my lunch comes I get my bag and make my way to the parking lot. I wave at a few other teachers before getting in my car. The car ride is longer than I wanted it to be. Traffic sucks sometimes and I hate it. I finally arrive to the doctors office and sign in. I wait in the lobby until my name is called. When it is I walk in the room where the ultrasounds take place.

“Hello Megan.” My doctor smiles and I return it, sitting on the bed.

“Hello.”

“How have you been feeling?”

“I’ve been feeling good. My feet are a little swollen and my back hurts every once in a while.”

“Very common for women that are expecting.” She chuckled and I nod. “Now we are going to find out the sex today, correct?”

“Yes.”

“Will the father be present?” She asks and I check my phone.

I told Josh about the appointment. He said he was going to show up. I look back at my doctor and smile.

“Yeah, he’s supposed to be coming. There was horrible traffic.”