Let's Play Find the Vegan

A/N: This might be super short, but I felt like we all needed a little Kaylor fluff in our lives.

***

While Karlie was generally one to prefer sunshine, the soft sound of rain on the window was making the large New York apartment feel even more cozy than it normally did. She had just collapsed on the couch after a long day at work when she noticed that she had not yet received her enthusiastic greeting from her girlfriend, who was always more than happy when she got home.

"Hey Dib, where's your mom?" she looked over to the cat laying on the arm of the chair opposite her.

Getting up and looking around the apartment, she noticed a post-it note on the fridge with Taylor's elegant handwriting on it.

Hey babe, went out to get some last minute stuff for dinner tonight. I won't be gone long.

xxx Taylor

"Well, that explains that," she thought to herself. While Karlie was slightly disappointed in not getting her usual welcome home, the thought of Taylor making her dinner tonight, instead of their usual take out, was much more appealing. She plopped herself back down on the couch to waste time watching TV while she waited for her girl to get home.

It wasn't much longer when she heard the familiar jingle of keys at the door. Taylor walked in with two paper bags full of food in her arms. Karlie immediately got up to help put up the groceries.

Once everything had been settled on the counter, she immediately enveloped the shorter girl in a bone-crushing hug. "Today was way too long."

Taylor giggled at her cuteness and pulled away slightly for a quick kiss, "Well, you're home now, love. You can even help me make dinner."

"What, me, cook? Are you crazy? Do you not remember last time?" Karlie questioned.

"Oh, hush. It wasn't that bad, and you had good intentions."

"Taylor, I didn't just burn the pasta, I burnt the pot. With water in it."

"Well then, why don't you just sit on the counter and keep me company while I cook? I've missed you too much," the singer said as she patted the spot next to her.

"Sounds like a plan," Karlie said as she hopped up on the countertop, "So, how was your day?"

Taylor was pulling the ingredients she was going to use out of the bag as she answered, "Pretty relaxed, actually. I had lunch with Lily and we got to catch up on everything that has been going on, that was pretty nice. How about you?"

"Busy. As usual. But we got quite a bit done, so it was worth it. Maybe that means I can take a little time off next week," she replied hopefully.

Taylor's schedule at this point was pretty relaxed, so the idea of getting Karlie all to herself at some point next week excited her. "That would be nice," she commented.

The chopping board was out on the counter with an assortment of veggies that would be going into the curry she would be making. She started preparing everything else first before she started cutting. When the model asked what they would be having tonight, she got a little concerned, "This is vegan, right?"