Do You Really Think I'm That Oblivious?

A/N: Ok, listen, I'm only in season 1 of Supergirl, but Supercorp is all over my dashboard and then someone did a fanart of Taylor as Supergirl and I just had to make this. I don't know too much about Lena's storyline, and I don't want too many spoilers for when I do get to watch season 2, so for all the inconsistencies (and there are several probably) I'm sorry. Let's just separate this from the CW's Supergirl all together .Here's to hoping this isn't complete garbage.

There's a certain serenity Taylor finds from the hustle and bustle of National City in the morning. Everyone seems to be in a rush to get to somewhere, but amidst all this touch and go, she has found herself to be at ease blending in with the masses. On this particular morning, she is walking in to the lobby of the newly named K-Corp building with two coffees and a bag of donuts, something that seemed much needed to Taylor after she had seen that Karlie had still been in her office at three am while she was on one of her insomnia-induced night-flies. The stress of having to rip a company from its roots and completely rebrand it had been taking a toll on the older girl, and Taylor had noticed.

Lex Luthor, the former CEO of Luthor Corp, had been sentenced to thirty life sentences. As a result, he had left his company to his right- hand man, Karlie Kloss. Karlie was not a member of the Luthor family and was surprised when she found out Luthor hadn't bequeathed the company to his younger sister, Lena. Still, Karlie found this as an opportunity to do some good in the world. Throughout her entire career at Luthor Corp, Karlie had disagreed with Lex on his status as sworn enemy of Superman. She believed the company could do so much better if it was taken in a more positive direction. Now, she planned on doing just that.

However, trying to wipe off the tarnished reputation of the company was taking more than just a name change. Karlie was spending hours in the office strategizing on how she was going to convince not only her investors, but also the world, to trust in the brand again. Still, Karlie knew she wouldn't be able to do any of it if Taylor Swift hadn't waltzed into her life months ago.

Taylor and Karlie had developed a close friendship after Taylor had been assigned to interview her when it became known she had grounded her company in National City. Cat Grant wanted the scoop on exactly what Karlie's motive was, and she had sent Taylor to figure it out. Somehow, the string of interviews had turned into weekly chat sessions between the girls. The two found themselves forming a bond, and eventually, a typical platonic relationship was formed.

At least, that's what the two reminded themselves of everyday. Their bond was solely friendly, not romantic at all. Yep, just two normal gal pals binge-watching Netflix and enjoying each other's company.

Taylor walked into the elevator, hit the button for the top floor, and entered the passcode Karlie had given her once they had both decided early-morning coffee visits should be a thing that happened regularly. She arrived on the executive floor in minutes and walked out to be greeted by Karlie's assistant.

"Good morning Miss Swift; Miss Kloss is in a meeting, but she should be back in her office within the hour," she welcomed.

"Thanks Angie, I think I'll wait in her office for her. Oh, and you don't have to worry about getting her morning coffee; I've already brought it for her," Taylor answered as she walked into Karlie's office.

Taylor knew Cat was out of town for the week for a conference in Metropolis, so she did not feel the need to rush in to work that morning. She set the coffee and donuts on Karlie's desk and began to survey the room, taking in everything around her. Taylor had almost memorized every detail there was to her office: the "Empire Strikes Back" poster on the opposite wall, the bookshelves filled with the girl's favorite literature, and the pictures that adorned almost every inch of the room. There seemed to be a new one on Karlie's desk this morning though.