•three•

I am due in court in an hour, so is Carisi. We meet at the court house. He was late for work because he insisted to Amanda that he could take Jessie to play group.
"Hey, how's baby duty?" I laugh as I see him walking up the court house stairs.
"Great. Tiering, but great" he says
He had recently moved in with Amanda to help out with Jessie, been as she is hitting her terrible two's at the moment. I definitely think that there is going on between Rollins and Carisi, but I've never asked.
"I'm happy for you. You are such a good daddy" I joke
"W..what? Daddy? I Erm..."
"I'm messing with you Carisi, calm down" I laugh as I walk up the steps.
I hear him sigh in relief as he walks behind me.

"Your honour, the people have no evidence linking my client to the crime" Buchanan says
"No evidence?! We have witnesses, DNA evidence, a confession. What else do you need?" Barba asks
"That confession was coerced. And the evidence was processed in the same lab as the DNA taken from my client. So there is chance of contamination, and for the witnesses, who is going to hold a high teenager culpable as a witness?" Buchanan argues
"Your honour, the defence is using any excuse to say that my detectives, medical examiners and lab processors aren't doing their jobs properly, because he hasn't got a case"
"My client is innocent"
"That's enough Councillors. I will take this to the grand jury and let them decide" the judge says as she bangs the gavel.
We walk out of the court room and meet with Barba.
"Don't worry, the grand jury will see through the lies" Carisi says
"Yes they will" Buchanan buts in as he walks behind Barba. "They will see that the NYPD have a vendetta against my client"
"Wow! The vendetta tactic. That was tried in the lewis case, and we all know how that went down" Barba argues
"Yeah, he got off with it" he says smiling at me. "Detective Benson, how are you?"
"It's lieutenant now, and I'm great" I reply
"Yes, I heard all about how you lied on the stand. And you can bet your ass that I will be using that in my clients defence" he says with a smug smile before walking away.

My breathing pattern is increased. My breath is hitched as my chest tightens. I can't breath.
"Liv, are you okay?" Barba asks
My back begins to hurt again. Im sweating.
"Liv?"  I hear someone saying.
The room is spinning. My vision is covered by colours of flashing lights, but that is covered by complete darkness as I feel a sharp pain in my side.
"Liv, Olivia! Stay with me Olivia" I hear Barba saying.
Then the whole room turns black.