James Wilson x Reader

Cancer was a nightmare for me and my entire family. The last thing most anyone wants to hear is 'You have cancer.' But that was a reality for me. Of course, it helped having an insanely attractive Oncologist. Dr. Wilson was a perfect man. Caring, hot, and his voice could make you melt. Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer was a shock to everyone, even him. I had never smoked a day in my life, yet here I was, finished with chemo, waiting for Dr. Wilson in his office, anticipating him to come in and tell me if I'm going to live or not. He walked in wearing a lavender shirt, lavender striped tie, black slacks, and a lab coat. He looked so damn good, well he looked amazing in anything he wore.

(Y/n)," Dr. Wilson said as he put his hand on my shoulder. "It's gone." He smiled widely.

"I-It's over?" I said in disbelief, soon following in his footsteps as I grinned wildly. I jumped up. Without thinking I gave him a hug, and to my surprise he hugged back. I pulled back.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm just-" I started to say before I was cut off.

"Don't be." He said back. We both stared into each other's eyes. His hazel eyes were something that I frequently thought about. We both leaned in and our lips connected. The warmth of his mouth and his peppermint breath sent currents through my body. My hands caressed his freshly shaven face, as he put his hands on my hips. I could smell his cologne and my senses went wild. I had been waiting for this for so long. The need for oxygen became unbearable after about three minutes and we pulled back simultaneously. We leaned our foreheads together and I was overtaken with joy.

"I've been waiting for that for so long." He breathed into my ear.

"You're not the only one." I replied.

A/N: Wow. Almost 300 reads, this is amazing. Thank you so much I can't believe it. Thinking of doing a House X Cuddy oneshot next because I just rewatched "What now?" For the billionth time and I'm really feeling Huddy rn. As always, check out my other fanfics and thanks for reading! ~ Jocelyn