Try The World's Best Pizza

The whole taxi ride to the hotel, Nolen's face was parted in awe. His nose was pressed to the glass, staring out at Rome. Every once in a while, he would turn towards me, grinning and pointing out things he found cool. He must have been really excited, because even after pointing out seven pizza places, he continued to name another.

"There's one called Almarii's." He smiled, "and look, there's a cat sitting in front of it. Isn't that cute?"

Seriously, the dude had a bucket list and was pointing out how cute animals were? I was seriously beginning to wonder if he was really a boy.

He has to be a boy, I mean, look at all that muscle. I felt like slapping myself for thinking that, but it was true. Nolen had ran to the bathroom to change his shirt after the flight, saying something about smelling good, and I wasn't complaining. Believe me when I say I was not complaining. He had changed into a black V-neck tee that outlined his chest, showing off what I would guess to be at least a six pack. Part of me wanted to reach out and touch his stomach, just to see if I was right.

Nolen turned to glance at me. Quickly, my eyes darted away from his well-defined body and to his eyes, which were filling with realization as they figured out what I had just been doing. The corner of Nolen's lips tilted up, a dimple forming as he smirked.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer."

Jerk.

~-~-~

I had been avoiding his gaze the rest of the cab ride, but when we pulled up to the hotel I was forced to look at him again. "Normally when my family comes to Rome, we stay at the Waldorf, but since my dad has too many connections and he doesn't know I'm with..." I hesitated, "you, I figured it would be better to book a different hotel. It's still five stars, don't worry, but we might not have a private suite."

Nolen rolled his eyes. "We don't need a private suite. This is fine. Actually, it's more than fine." 

I grinned and stepped out of the car, Nolen following. Almost immediately, a man dressed in a suit came up and took our bags for us, leading us into the hotel.

The inside had a modern vibe, which I found pretty cool. Modern music vibrated through the lobby, and the lighting was dark, a fountain streaming water and a glowing purple light. I was in love already.

We approached the front desk. A tall woman who was probably in her mid-twenties stood behind the desk, wearing a professional uniform that hugged her body. Her eyebrows were literally on fleek, and I could see her eyes scaling up and down my body, assessing me in the same manner. With no reaction to me, she turned to Nolen and a flint of attraction lit up in her eyes.

"May I help you?" She asked him, a think Italian accent noticeable.

Nolen looked at me. "Umm...

I rolled my eyes, stepping closer to the counter. "Yeah. We called about a half hour about booking a room?"

Her eyes widened, and she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Oh, yes. California?" She asked, checking my passport. "Okay then. You will have two full beds in room 419. That is located on the fourth floor. Here are the room cards." She handed us two cards that looked like credit cards, but I knew they were keys. I thanked her, a fake smile present on my face, and started to walk away.

"Wait!" She cried after us. I saw her scribbling down something on a piece of paper, and she left behind the desk to hobble in high heels after us, her tight skirt moving back and forth as she walked. She handed Nolen the piece of paper. "If you need anything at all, just call this number, my private cell phone. I'll be available." She leaned towards his ear to whisper the last part, but I could still hear.