Lake Day

Nolen agreed to pick me up the next morning, and I was praying he wouldn't mention the airplane kiss. I had no idea where our relationship stood, and if there was even a relationship between us. Were we just friends? Friends with benefits? I didn't even know if I liked him.

One thing I knew was that I liked his kisses, though.

Did that make me as plastic as the Barbies at school that I made fun of. I would roll my eyes and wash my eyes when Nolen flirted and hooked up with girls, but now I had too. My head was a mess.

It took me an hour to get dressed this morning. An hour! To put on a swimsuit and shorts! Last summer I would have taken ten minutes, five to shave and five to search my closet for the first swimsuit I could find. Now, I had someone I had to impress. Not that I wanted to impress him, but...

On my shoes were Rainbow flip flops, and after countless outfits, I had put on a blue crop top over my best pair of jean shorts. Underneath, I wore black bikini bottoms and a small black top. I had spent a while deciding my grey one was too reveling, and the white one covered up way to much. Finally, I settled with the one I wore now.

Makeup seemed useless, but I applied waterproof mascara and sprayed on some expensive perfume that my mom had bought me as an apology for forgetting my last birthday. I also let my hair fall naturally off my shoulders.

My phone buzzed, and I looked down to see that Nolen had texted. Oh, man. He was here.

I was terrified.

I hurried downstairs, and locked the door behind me. My parents and sister weren't home, so only Nolen's car sat parked in the driveway. Sighing and straightening my posture, I hurried over to him.

"Hey." Nolen nodded, smirking. I wished I could slap the smirk off his face as his eyes scanned my body, but I was also shamefully checking him out. His arms were crossed at his chest, showing flexed muscles that made my knees waver. He wore faded dark jeans, and a black shirt that was very flattering. It seemed to be his signature look, but I wasn't complaining.

He walked around to the passengers door, and opened it for me. As I got in, his hand brushed my shoulder. I blushed, turning my head so he couldn't see.

He got in the car, and started the engine. We drove along, and I fidgeted with the radio. It was silent, but it didn't feel awkward. And he didn't bring up the kiss, which was a big plus.

The ride went smoothly, until when we were about eight minutes away. I was still switching the radio back and forth, trying to decide if I would rather listen to Today's Hits, or country. We stopped at a red light as I flicked the channels back and forth, back and forth.

Suddenly, Nolen reached across the seat and planted his lips against mine. I gasped into the kiss, but as soon as my body began to get over its initial shock and react, he pulled away.

"Why'd you stop?" I breathed, stunned.

Nolen grinned and nodded to the road. I looked at where he was looking, and saw the light had turned green.

"Oh. Okay."

I sat back in my seat and went back to switching the channels, my mind racing.

_~_~_~_~_

When we arrived at the lake, I got out of the car quickly. The rest of the gang was already there, playing in the water. When they saw Nolen, all the guys hooted and cheered, like the little twits that they were. The girls waved at me, and I waved back.

Nolen and I walked over to the sand and placed our stuff down. It was a hot day, and I was itching to get in the water. Nolen took off his jeans, revealing black swim-shorts. I drooled as he then peeled off his shirt.

The abs.... I was breathless. He had such a good body, a six pack clearly defined. I glanced away, back up to his face, and I saw that he was smirking confidently.

I glared, and slipped my shorts off my legs. Then, as gracefully as I could, I pulled my shirt off slowly, giving Nolen enough time to stare.

What was wrong with me today?

I had just put my shirt in my bag when I felt a pair of hands pick up my legs. I squealed immediately as Nolen threw me over his shoulder and began carrying my to the water. My head was near his face, and I screamed loudly into his ear.

"Nolen! Don't you dare!"

Our friends were watching and laughing as I cried out for help. We neared the water, and I could feel the coldness even though I hadn't touched it yet. Sure, it was like 90 degrees out, but I wanted to get in at my own pace. Not thrown in by some ape!

I could feel his chest touching me, and from the position I was in I could stare down at his butt. His hands were gripping my thighs, dangerously close to my bottom, and it scared me how much I wanted to kiss him right now. At the same time, I wanted to kill him, because he was about to dump me in water without my permission.

His feet touched the lake water, and he continued walking through until it was deep enough. I pleaded one more time for him to let me down gently.

He turned his head to make eye contact with mine, and in his eyes were amusement mixed with an emotion I couldn't place. He smiled, with teeth and everything. Opening his mouth, I prepared myself for an apology.

"Hey Cali? You look really, really hot today." He whispered so just I could hear.

Wait, what?

Then I felt a sensation, as if I was falling, and I hit the water.

----------------------
Holy holy guacamole.
Guys.
More than 200 votes. Already? What?!?

I love you all so much!!!!!!

Q: Want me to update?
A: Well, I don't know. Should I?

I didn't get to edit this, because my computer is broken. But you all voted so much and I had to write something! So I wrote this on my phone. Please, tell me if you find any mistakes or sentences that don't sound good. I love feedback!

Thanks!
Vote, comment, share, and follow! The more votes I see, the more motivated I am to update!