Chapter | 13

I messaged him back and glanced back up at them. "Helena, if you see Oliver will you tell him I found another ride home?"

Tate shot me a curious look and Helena nodded. "Yeah, sure. I'll probably see him in the parking lot."

"Thanks. I'll see you guys around." 

My phone vibrated again.

Be there in five, baby girl. 

I waved half-heartedly and carefully made my way towards the parking lot so that I wouldn't snag myself on the bleachers on my way out.

It took me around seven minutes to move around the school and a familiar yellow Corvette was waiting for me already. It idled near the curb, purring like a cat.

I opened the door and slid inside. Not two second after I closed the door, a hand captured my jaw and hungry lips met mine. Stubble grazed my chin and upper lip and my hands were suddenly reaching up to clutch at short strands of dark hair. 

I'd missed this.

Tate's actions today had only reminded me as to why I preferred older men. They were less confusing and more decisive. The ones I knew, at least. 

When we finally pulled away, we said nothing, but he stepped on the gas and swerved out of the lot like it was on fire. And I knew he was eager to take me back to his place. 

His wife wouldn't be home until 5.