Chapter 8 // Date?

Lauren's POV

I'm getting ready to ask Camila on a date. I just got done getting ready.

Lauren: Can you send me Camila's address?

Now I have to wait till she sends me the address, should I be this nervous? I mean she does hate me.

Normani: *camila's address* Good luck Lauren.

Lauren: Thank you. I'll let you know what she says.

I get inside my black jeep and drive to the flower shop near my house, I know cliche. When I get in the car I type Camila's address in the GPS once it finds it I start driving to my destination.

About 20 minutes later I arrived to Camila's house preparing myself. Once I think I'm stabled I get out of the car and head towards her door.

I take a deep breath and knock. WAIT I'm having seconds thoughts, she hates me, I can't d-

Too late.

"Hey Camila." I say holding the flower I got her  behind me.

"Hi Lauren. Is there a reason for you visit?" she didn't look as annoyed to see me as she used to.

"Um I wanted to ask you something but it can wait because I think I know your response."

"You won't know until you ask me."

"Ok. Would you go on a date with me?"

There was awkward silence lingering it started to get me worried. I think I regret this now.

"I'll go on a date with you, if you promise that this is something serious and not a way to get in my pants."

"I promise. I've been an asshole to you and I'm sorry."

"Ok then it's settled. When and where is this date Jauregui?"

"All you need to know is that I'll pick you up tomorrow at 8:00 pm."

"Alright then I'll see you later."  She was about to close the door before I stopped it with my foot.

"Wait. I got this for you." I say as I hand her the single rose.

"How are you not like other people now a days? that get a lot of roses and ask someone on a date over text?"

"I'm not other people. I'm trying to get you to like me, not to hate me even more for not asking you out in a respectable way... But if you want more roses I'll go and buy you more roses right now it d-"

I was cut off by the brown eyed girl in front of me laughing.

"Lauren I get it you don't have to explain. Now you should head home so I can try to figure out tomorrow."

"Ok. Bye Camila have a good rest of the day."

I was standing there awkwardly figuring out whether I should shake her hand or hug her or just walk away.

I need to get my shit together, I leaned in and hugged her she procrastinated until I felt her arms around me.

"Bye Lauren I'll see you tomorrow."

Maybe she doesn't hate me as much as I thought.

I pulled out my phone and texted Lauren.

Lauren: Normani she said yes.

--
a/n
third update this week. i might update again this week.